Bob Marley dubstep remix

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by movement, Jun 29, 2013.

1. movement

movement Newbie

I put tons of time into this track so it would be awesome if I could get some feedback on it!

Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/modernmovement/bob-marley-exodus-modern

3. fritoz

fritoz Ultrasonic

Praise Jah!

we need more reggae inspired everything so you had me at "bob marley" lol

review: the dubstep part is great! the basics are all there for a great song-

my advice would be to now boost/sidechain the hi freq parts during the heavy dubstep bass part because they are being lost behind the bass, im sure you have already eq'd the bass to remove freq's that impede the rest of the ambient and transiet hi freq sounds, but maybe now you can try some more stereo separation of those hi's to make them have more presence as well

at the beginning of the song until the first dubstep bass starts, i'd remove the added in guitar loop from the sample pack entirely, it is kind of distracting, i kept wanting to hear what you had built without it, when it comes back in at the 1:52 time marker it is more fitting since the tempo changed and it fits better (though it still gets a bit repetitive, maybe add some reverb or delay tail to it, but i feel at the start of the song it is not fitting as well and could be removed...

please take everything i say as constructive criticism because i enjoy the song alot and i know you can make it even better, because like i said the dubstep part is the most important and you've built it awesome so far, the riser buildup at 2:20 then they sing the "movement of jah people" and then smooth into the wubbz- and Bob's voice as he sings "ohhh yeaah" over the top of the wubbz-

kick ass!

:)

4. movement

movement Newbie

WOW thank you so much for all this!!

5. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Yeah definitely a great song.

Maybe refine the EQ on the vocals or add a deesser, try to add more mid range to the overall track.
    Frito's advices are to take especially side-chaining to make more room in the dubstep part.

Still great vibe