BluRay Software Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Meteo Xavier, May 8, 2020.

1. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

Recently, a client left a portable BluRay drive at the office and said we could keep it. Other than a Playstation 3 that is rarely hooked up, I actually don't have a BluRay player in the house and I was allowed to make it mine. After that, I tried hooking it up to my laptop, which in my living setup would be one of the best ways I could watch BluRays across the areas I occupy for relaxation, but then I discovered VLC would not just play it right off the bat as expected. Wasted time trying to get that working and did everything tutorials told me to and still didn't work.

Abandoning that, I tried a couple other "free" alternatives and they would not work either through deceptive practices.

So not knowing where else to turn, I ask here what your recommendations for software that can watch DRM-protected BluRay discs on a computer. Doesn't have to be free, but maybe a price cap at $30-$40 if possible.

Yes, I know there are other ways to watch blurays at the house, but right now I'm only interested to see about playing software with this drive I have before considering other options. Thank you!

3. anon69

anon69 Producer

leawo is free, but youll find its a bit slow and buggy for some, BUT its free. I like Cyberlink PowerDVD and it seems like its the only onethat actually plays everything right, but if you wanna buy its $100, but fuck that stupid stuff, I use a cracked volume license edition, where I simply install and thats it. Plays new blurays well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Meteo Xavier

Meteo Xavier Ultrasonic

Some worthwhile suggests there, thanks anon.

5. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer