Bluetooth headphones and Soundcards/DJ Mixers???

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by acatnamedharmony, Mar 18, 2019.

1. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

So I've been eyeing Audio Technica's ATH-M50xBT headphones and they will definitely be the next set of cans I buy...I think (better start saving up), already having a set of ATH-M50 which I've had for 3+ years of use! Headphones never last me this long and they are undoubtedly the best all around monitors for both studio stuff as well as DJing that I've ever owned.

So my question is, so how do Bluetooth headphones interact with external soundcards? I see a few newer soundcards that have bluetooth connectivity, is it necessary to purchase those? I'm super satisfied with the soundcard I have now. Also what's the possibility of being able to use them as monitors for DJing with? Being able to have wireless cans with a foldable design like that to DJ with would definitely make my life complete. Also, my most dreaded question is does Bluetooth add considerable latency making them impractical as studio monitors?

Either way, thanks...I really hate that I'm so Bluetooth illiterate =/

3. Jim_T87

Jim_T87 Member

I wanted to use bluetooth headphones on my PC and just bought a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle , put it into a USB port, loaded the driver disc that came with it, paired it with the headphones, and it worked great . the sound was controlled from the PC soundcard. hope this helps. The dongles are very inexpensive about $10