Blue Cat Fader Hub help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moogerfooger, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Trying to troubleshoot Blue Cat Fader Hub with a friend. We're in remote locations. He's able to connect & receive from me, but I'm unable to connect to him. We cant figure out if the problem is on my end or his end. Would anyone here be willing to test this out with me for a simple connection test? We don't need to send audio. Just a simple 2 way remote connection to see if the problem is on my end... Anyone interested let me know. CHeers.

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Why don't you start by using skype/zoom/whatever program to videophone each other? Or just phone (audio). There must be tones of guides on those, the most used programs to transmit and receive data over the internet. In real time or the closest, that is.

Seems like your friend's firewall could block outgoing data. We're talking about internet, not a local network. So that could be the windows firewall, the router's firewall. Or something else

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

possible cause: you do not need to test the connection if you have upload and download data transfer from one machine to the other.

What is different is your firewall rulesets. One machine is likely setup to only create a "tunnel" between it and machines it sends an outbound solicitation to. It needs to accept inbound solicitation requests to connect. If he can send and download to you, the problem is likely his firewall not accepting inbound solicitation to create the connection. Have him temporarily disable his firewall and try again. If not, try disabling yours also.

Don't test it with either machine on VPN.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

@Xupito @clone - Thanks for replying fellas. So my buddy & I tried pinging each others public IPs last night. I was able to send and receive all packets. My buddy was only able to send but not receive packets back. We then tried pinging partitionwizard.com. Both of us were able to send & receive all packets…. Both of our firewalls are all turned off as far as we can tell including router settings. And neither of us use a VPN. We both have port forwarded ports & UPNP is turned on. Could there possibly hidden services or policies that need to be turned on that could potentially cause the issue I’ve mentioned in the first post?

6. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I figured it out. My dumbass had "Respond to ping" disabled in my router settings. Not sure how I overlooked that.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

nice. that is also the behavior of some software firewalls. they have a "stealth" mode, which does not reply to unsolicited inbound pings. The idea behind it is for anything on that ip address to look "dead" so that some drive-by attacker scanning large ranges will just keep it moving.