Blue Cat’s Re-Guitar EQ “trick”

Discussion in 'Software' started by tommarton, Jul 29, 2023.

1. tommarton

tommarton Noisemaker

On the other site people waiting for Re-Guitar macOS to drop so they can “change” pick-ups and stuff. However, the demo is unlimited with a very short bypass.
    So I figured what if I just check what Re-Guitar does to the signal with DDMF’s Plugindoctor.
    Of course it shows the EQ curve so I went ahead and copied it with Pro-Q and applied it to a different channel. Then I compared the two and it was 99.9% the same. Tried it with single coils and P90s too. So yeah, if you can’t afford the plugin you can simply just do this. Takes a little time to copy the curve accurately but it’s worth it, also it is a good process to learn from and even create your own “pickups” based on the curve.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. tommarton

tommarton Noisemaker

oh this is cool! so someone had the “stealing” idea before me. I’m gonna check those for sure. thanks!

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

That's very interesting, thank you for sharing this trick.
    Could you share your Pro-Q presets?
    We could have a thread in the presets section, so we could all share presets made this way, for all users.
    Also, following you idea, maybe we could go to a dynamic eq and have even more sensibility.

6. tommarton

tommarton Noisemaker

Yep! I'll make all the single coils first then I'll upload them so people will have options. I'll also check what exactly the tone, body thickness etc controls do then I'll create curves for them too.
    I checked the impules responses from JZ and those are good too but not as customizable as an EQ curve, because the IR loaders tone controls/EQ knobs are fixed for specific bass/mid/high frequencies.

Edit: I mean yes, those are customizable too if you put another EQ to it, but why would you use two plugins when you can just do it with one?

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

From this point a lot of things could be done of course. The first thing that comes to my mind is Kilohearts Multipass with their other EQs and dynamic plugins, to add some dynamic and so.