Block VST/AU System process with hands off

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by tafelrunde, Apr 12, 2016.

1. tafelrunde

tafelrunde Member

On the other site user MyNameIsMud mentioned that he blocked "the vst,the aus system process."

How to block the vst/au process on a Mac El Capitan with Hands off ? Is this already done by blocking my DAW ?

thanks guys

3. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

No, it's not blocked by blocking a dAW.
    How I did it was I disabled default rules in hands off, which allowed system processes and others to connect, then by hand I enabled "forever" every request which was not looking suspicious, this way every time a new plugin tries to connect to internet through some other process you will get a notification and be able to block it forever.
    Maybe there's is an easier way, but this way is better if you read notifications by hands off, you install a plugin if it tries to connect it gets stopped and hands off asks you what do you want to do.
    If it tries to connect you will know, in information it will point to that plugin.

I forgot which process it uses to connect, but it connects through some system process, so when choosing forever, look for what you're allowing it to do forever, because if you'll allow that process to do whatever, whatever plugin will connect through it.

I bet you won't understand, though... so maybe some one will give you a direct way.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  4. tafelrunde

tafelrunde Member

"Use default set of rules if applicable" < you mean this one? all of this is already disables in my hands off app.

only "Confirm with Return and Escape" is activated. I remember that Hands Off asked me something when I opened up Ableton. And it asked me something when I used Spectrasonics Omnisphere. After a while I switched to "forever" - So I am not sure.. does this mean I am already blocking vst/au process?

5. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

If it pointed to those plugins and you blocked them "forever", then you're already all good.