Blade Runner 2049 OST

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by Brad LaForme, Dec 23, 2016.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Because of this post, I just saw the movie yesterday's night... again! :winker:

2. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

THX bro
    very spiritiel like think you have there i like it !

Happy holydays !

3. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

amazing movie and visual FX for the era !

4. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thx bro !!
    I'm be shure you can do !

Happy holydays at you man !

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  5. zero frendo

zero frendo Member

Brad, Sorry just saw this. Christmas has been no work time. I can ask, I think most most of the cues they use are takin from libraries that are owned by them? Like Warner Bros type stuff. A good way might be to approach some of the cooler music libraries. The fact that you have a video I think would improve your chances. Mayb put together 2 or 3 Trailers like u did as demoes. That with a nice SoundCloud would be helpful to pitch your stuff.

Happy HolidayZ! :)

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Yes indeed but I guess a lot of people didn't see it and will approach the new one without even knowing that it is a sequel. A bit like the Mission Impossible movies.

7. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

I wouldn't change a damn thing bro, you can't please everyone, but you can please yourself and you can fit the narrative. Great job!! maybe post an extended version? PWEEAAASE?

8. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hello Frendo
    It does not matter for the answer time don't worry it's already nice to do it!
    Yes I understand they prefer use their librarys above all to make their trailers.
    Anyway thanks for the idea of doing a mix trailer with several in it I had not thought of it yet,
    I will try to make one of 3 - 4 maximum and I send you this in private message ?
    In any case I thank you once again a lot for what you do!

Peace out !
    & Happy holidays to !:yes:

9. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Yes you right !
    I think that's why they're going to make it a mainstream movie certainly for not have not seen the first rest for stay accessible for a large audience,
    In fact I think it will make a nice movie but in the end that would not have to be called blade runner but otherwise, after we will see well I may still be a bad language again! Hahahah

10. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hello Kingvrage,
    Thx a lot for your support message it's really nice from you !
    For Extension version of the track i think you've a really good idea, I will see to find time and maked this in the coming weeks anyway and thank you again for this advice !

Have a Nice day !

11. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Decent job!

In regards to the actual BLADE RUNNER 2049 score, I have a feeling it won't be remembered with the same reverence as the original (much like the movie itself). What Vangelis did in 1982 was pretty ground-breaking, and electronic music was still a "new" thing at the time. It didn't (and still doesn't) sound like anything else, and the best the new composer will be able to do is either ape the original soundtrack or deliver something along the lines of what Daft Punk did with TRON LEGACY, which was pretty good, but not exactly the embodiment of video games and emerging computer technology that Wendy Carlos delivered the first time. Sadly, few film composers actually experiment anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hi and thanks for your reply Iggy !
    Yes i think you right, very less people in music or cinema industry take risks today "making money always more and faster" and in result it makes a big felling that everything has been turn and turnand turn again since 10 years or more without that true Brand new sound like the 70 - 80s or earler we could bring all this freedom of style and inspiration.
    It counts on the tips of the fingers the people who arrive today with something yet innovating in sound or music style.
    In short what everyone already knows I think.
    Have a nice day !

13. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I don't think it can't happen, I just believe it hasn't happened for a long time. As movies get more and more "commercial" and "safe", so do the scores. When's the last time you heard a memorable movie theme? It's probably been a while.

14. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

this is well done from the audience perspective(it fits to the pictures well, but somehow you know what will come.), if you listen as producer or guy who scores alot, then this could maybe come around as a set of cliches like @vladdrac wrote.

you are definitely on the right track! i guess you need to score a bunch of trailers, then the whole cliche story will go away.

i cant compare with the original trailer as i havnt watched this one, but as vladdrac wrote he knows the original trailer, so he can compare on a better level.

anyway thanks a lot for sharing!

15. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

I thought if was great personally. Not sure where thd critic was cominv from - maybe he could show us a better example?
    I liked the use of fitting sounds along with the roadsweepers and barbed wire. The main trailer bassy booms are kind of mandatory now, so despite them being a bit cliche, I can see why theyre in - and you used different sounds from the standard ones. Made me want to see the film and if Id not known this wasnt the proper trailer, Id not have thought otherwise

16. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

Actually, I just heard the official one - the parts I liked are the same in that. I may not have heard your new one!?

17. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Yes I really hope !!
    Recently it's last years for me the last very appreciated Blockbuster movie is "MadMax Furyroad" and the last good score is Ost is a Video game "Witcher 3" nothing really brand new but really good mix of Style scandinave music.
    After for the real innovations in sound and concept etc...... that would have to go way too far back in time for me hahahahha.

18. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hey ArticStorm,
    many Thanks for your reply and analyse
    I'm so glad you enjoyed with this trailer,
    and also Thx so much for your support !

Have a nice day !

19. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hi T2000,
    happy you like it and thanks for your Feedbacks too !

20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

@Brad LaForme LaForm feel free to post more, when you have finished another trailer, we are open to give you feedback!