Blade Runner 2049 OST

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by Brad LaForme, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hi Folks !
    Just before christmas I would like to share this little trailer i've rescored,
    it's It's more synthetic than what I usually do that is why If you're a fan like me
    do not hesitate to feedback me if you find is a shity piece,
    the criticism always makes progress i think !

Thx in advance and have a Merry Christmas every one.

The trailer :

& the soundtrack :

• Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • List
  3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Sounds nice.
    Did you use Omnisphere?
    What else beside this one?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. vladdrac

vladdrac Kapellmeister

Sounds like a collage of clichés ideas. You also need to glue your sections better, some parts sound like two different mixes fighting for space.

Sorry man, but this was done before, 2049 times better. Unless you present some truly unique, I'll stick to the original.

5. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thanks bro !
    yes i use omsniphere, arturia, and some sounds from my old Kurzweil K2600

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thank you for your frankness Vladdrac,
    I wrote this track today and me too i'm not very happy in fact about this one.
    For the parts sound like from two different mixes that's because i'm not totally successful to remove all Freq of the music or SFX behind the original voices from the trailer.
    Also thanks you for your mixing advice I would pay more attention for next time.

7. vladdrac

vladdrac Kapellmeister

You are most definitely on the right track! It's just a matter of presenting your own unique ideas. Regarding the mix, it's better than most stuff you hear around, but you can always improve, rigth? The elements should be more tight, maybe it's more an arrangement issue than mixing. Go easy on the booms and braaaaams lol Let the music breathe. And if I may name one critical point: bring the music down during dialaog... Harrison shows up on screen triumphantly but you can barely hear what he's saying before the big pause.

Good luck and happy holidays!

8. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

I agree with what you said Vladdrac about putting less, but the big problem i met especially the choice for placing arangements, if I did'nt place sound like you said while harrison ford talks we heard a lot original track and in fact that will spoke with what I had played, If i would have truly the choice that I was clear I would paste more blank breath, silences and interventions they're will be more shorter than I was obliged to do for hiding or masking original music and sound FX.
    Listen well the original trailer and i think you will see, I do not have a lot options otherwise it would be necessary to cuts some dialogs and i think that have been really too bad.

Thx again for you help & time,
    and Happy holidays too !

9. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I thought it sounded pretty badass to be honest. In fact, without getting all nerdy and shit about mix downs, if I can give you one compliment is that the music did a nice job of enhancing the scenes, even if its just a trailer. That's not an easy thing to do so nice work :wink:

10. zero frendo

zero frendo Member

thought u did gr8! specially 4 one day. Also I disagree with all the less and glue comments. I think you can push the extremes even more. And remember they cut the Trailer to existing music or collages of music/beds/stabs/fx that they like. So this was sort of "reverse engineering" for u and u still hit most of the major cuts in a cool way. My friend works at a Trailer house and has told me thats the way they work mostly... mostly

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

really nice, fully gets the mission

the only thing that put me off was the that hit at 41 sec. its serves no purpose emotionally in the trailers sequence. if you compare with the original they don't use it as pointing out anything special, its just there as rhythm, accentuating the text but very subtle. the way u used it i expected a visual action matching it, but there wasn't any. that woke me up.

other than that very convincing! cheers

12. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thx you so much Aymat ! and merry christmas !

13. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hi zero frendo,
    I am very touched by what you say and thank you sincerely!
    At the risk of your habiling, your friend who works in a trailer house would not search for people to make trailers ?
    Thx and Happy christmas hollydays.

14. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thx ou so much EddieXx!
    you right we could have bypassed without this hit
    This is why I should have waited one day of rest my hears and head before posting the track.

Happy christmas to you !

15. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

Great stuff and merry Christmas.

16. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thanks Mozart and merry christmas to you !

17. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Oldies but goldies... :wink:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  18. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

yeah that shit is off the hook man... I cant imagine making that kind of stuff up.. although, my mind has never been manipulated to focus on scoring... I already picture now how I'd fiendishly be listening to movies, had I wanted to go that route.

But yeah it's insane...

If forced to offer a criticism. to be super technical though... super technical, as far as criticism. I would have dropped a couple impacts. Like maybe 2 of em... more of a personal, subjective, aesthetic preference... only to give the others that much more, what's the word?... just to be that much more restrained about their use. I'd think the impacts left would have more emphasis since the others were gone, does that make sense?

19. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thx GreatJobChamp,
    me too if it would be to redo I would remove some hit i think like you said.
    Happy holidays !

20. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

DOn't get me wrong though mate... I think that sounds as good as anything I'd hear on professional film.

I really do not think anyone would know the difference (since there is none)... and I would be happy to die right now, with the idea that my life's journey and push for self-development and expertise, had been fulfilled.

Enjoy your friends and family friend : )

21. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

:speaker: ...I'm fan, I can't give you anything constructive... :sad:

merry christmas @Brad LaForme ! :mates: