Blade Runner 2049 Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Von_Steyr, May 22, 2017.

1. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Harrison Ford not only looks too old but at 75 he is too old for this kind of movie. He was 41 in the original. The only way he gets away with it is by dressing him up roughly and dishevelled to match his face. Go and retire already Harrison.

2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Actually he looked better here than in Indiana Jones skull candy or whatever that was.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

ohhh, well the problem is maybe that people dont care enough anymore to go the cinema and watch the movies there.

and btw critics bashed Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, for being a bad movie (but it was more that it was a stunning european movie, which was up to standards of american sci-fi movies) i enjoyed it 10 times more as the 5. installment of transformers and it cashed 225,5 mio$ from 190mio$ budget.

but the american industry hates when other foreign movie companies have a big success wih their movies, so they make bad publicity/critics, etc.

well even when it would be free to watch movies in the cinema i wouldnt go, i hate it there.

4. Infidel

Infidel Producer

You got me there. Dune mini series from SciFi channel was also way better, new Star Trek movies as well.

5. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i wanted to 'dislike' or be disppointed seeing this. don't ask me why , it's irrational. it is actually in large part due to Ridlsy Scott's downward ( sheer vertical more like) trajectory with the Alien 'franchise' which he has ruined utterly. so no high hopes. and yet.
    this is a beautiful film and is a justified companion to the original ( which i adore naturally)
    remakes, reboots, 'movie universes', pastiche, i'm getting a little tired of it all now. especially so, as with Alien, where Scott seems to almost deliberately sabotage and destroy something i hold dearly, as do many people. seeing the original Blade Runner was mindblowing. (curiously, it was released in the same week in UK as John Carpenter's The Thing, another awesome movie which i adore,( which narrowly escaped being tarnished by the 2011 sequel, which was ok, but no damaging of the original i think. it's amazing that the mechanical effects are still a wonder to behold. even compared to CG in 2011 version.
    this could have been the case with BR 2049, but it is perfectly fine and suits the story instead of the other was around. the story is all, and that's refreshing in itself. there is nothing ostentatious about the fx and the cisual style overall. crafted...
    harrison Ford.. old he may be ( he is always an older character - look at han solo. there is something dodgy about him in star was although that's his charm i suppose, but a dodgy geezer never the less). also, there is a scene here which i won't spoil but you can see Ford making a real effort to ACT. yes it's true. not sure if it works but he strains for that elusive tear. i may have been disappointed with his role if it weren't for the fact that it was common knowledge that the sequel would pivot to the deckard character when the rumours began there would be a sequel. When he appears finally, there is no suprise. any how...
    i loved it and it's heartening to see intelligent and beautifully crafted scifi movie in a world where that is a very hard thing to find. Even the hans zimmer score is understated and not in the least bombastic which is the usual with his scores...
    ps. the one slightly weak point for me was Jared Leto's villainous mastermind with with his annoyingly delivered stoccato and apocopating lines. less sympathetic than roy batty. the original in my mind sets out to make dekard the villain ultimately, dislikeable at best. in contrast to Batty et al who evidence the most human traits in comparison...
    go see it anyway. it's quite beautiful. and this Villeneuve guy has stated he wants a crack at Dune.
    i say go for it : )

6. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

That is just sad...