Black Rooster Audio releases RO-GOLD FREE 30.08.2022

Discussion in 'Software News' started by RADAR, Aug 30, 2022.

1. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

• Like Like x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Short description :
    The RO-GOLD was faithfully modeled after an iconic hardware classic, and upgraded with a 24k gold plate, for the most luxurious vintage reverberation experience.

Our plate simulation approach allows us to authentically capture the analog unit's sound and feel as closely as possible while still including a few unexpected twists - all in the beautifully designed, easy-to-use package that is the RO-GOLD.

PS: FREE added in the title.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

Their RO-140 Plate is very good. They could market this as the Bruno Mars signature edition. 24 Karat and half the size as a usual one.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Half size and 24K :yes: . But is it magic? :rofl:

6. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

Is there a way to download and install individual plugins or do you need to install the mammoth 515 MB installer?

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

515meg is mammoth? I don't know. The SPTNDC Mac release was for the full bundle, and it appears to install that way also. Edelweiss72, FET compressor, Magnetite, etc. They are all very nice plugins. Here's another free one I use sometimes:

VINTAGE HIGH/LOW PASS FILTER
    VHL-3C
    FREE

The most underrated (and underpriced) EQ plug-in on the internet. Built around a cascade of two constant-K filters, the VHL-3Cā€™s analog counterpart ā€“ a sought-after processor from the early 1950s ā€“ comprises an entirely passive design with exceptionally musical and interactive pass filters. Great for: synthesizers, vocals, and bass.

See Details

8. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

I installed the 2.6.1 pack, which looks to be the only installer. The installer allows you to pick and choose which plugins to install. Unfortunately, when I tried to activate the license, it froze the whole DAW. Shut it down thru task manager and eventually got it to somehow work; mostly. Damper knob was glitchy, not working with mouse wheel as other knobs did. When I opened the DAW the next time however, the plugin apparently had amnesia and wanted to be activated again. The sound was fine, but I uninstalled as not worth the trouble. YMMV.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

you should ideally never install plugins with your DAW software running. I know it shouldn't really matter, but it's asking for problems. On Mac, each plugin is replaced with a patched copy, manually after install.

10. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

Thank You Olymoon .