Bitwig's Lack of Features: Ignorance or a Marketing Strategy?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Davey Jones, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

We have to keep in mind that all of us are on different levels when it comes to making music. Some people don't freeze, don't take advantage of multi-timbral plugins, and some probably never use fades (crazy, I know). So they may see this as just a wonderful, complete, fresh and unique product, which to a degree, it is. But after using the hybrid tracks and clearly hearing pops/clicks when going from audio to midi is way too noticeable. Why not have an option for fades? Fades, people. FADES!!! Lol.

2. olson

olson Member

pitch and mod wheel arent working for me - novation impulse

anyone same experiences?

3. freakymofo

freakymofo Ultrasonic

It would seem so obvious that it must be a marketing plan. I agree with what another poster here said in that after copying the look and feel right off of another DAW, and putting a 400 price tag, it most certainly should have AT LEAST the basic important features like multi-timbre support etc.

I mean, damn, Logic Pro 9 is a complete and great DAW... its only just over £100!!!

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I'd like to go on the record here. I WAS one of the Beta testers but gave up after a while, all I got out of that was a buggy program provided by some company that did not listen to anything I had to say. Everybody here is right in one way or another. Bitwig as it is today sucks, FFS even Studio One V1 was better when it first released and Preonus actually listens to it user base. What we have here is a great idea that was rushed out for release. I don't care if they gave me a free copy or that it was cracked. I would not touch this thing even if I were paid to.

5. telekom

telekom Member

Ha! Then don't buy it! Seems pretty simple to me. A lot of people are actually quite interested in some of the more modular capabilities that it has.

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Bitshit :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. supersharpshooter

supersharpshooter Member

To me it isn't about what Bitwig has that other do not, because there is not point adding new features but then leaving out lots of essential feature that all DAWs have.

Bitwig should have most of the essential features, plus it's own exclusive features, otherwise it falls below other DAWs.

BTW, the demo crashed for me, I posted this on their facebook, as did a couple of others, and all of us have been blocked from Facebook, this is the type of company you will be giving your money too if you buy this.

They do not want people to know the demo is crashing!

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Oh.. how profound of u.

Bitwoggy, Bitbugs, Butwank, Bitcrap and Ballbag.

But.. yeah.. maybe in a few versions. :rofl:

9. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Ableton has been around for 10 years and still has a shit load of bugs, BitWig is only a few days old. Even though I don't like it as it is now, that does not mean that in a few years I will not love it. Back when Ableton came out I hated it until version 4. This truly one of those "only time will tell" type of situations

10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

:rofl:

Well... another annoying thing on Bitwig i noticed is that you can't enlarge clips vertically, which is bad :snuffy:

11. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

Cmon....Reaper has always been unbelievably fairly priced BUT let's not sit here and act like Reaper didn't have some MAJOR growing pains. Remember when loading virtually any third party plugin would crash out??

12. telekom

telekom Member

Wow, someone that makes sense. I do find it funny most of the people that are complaining about it ARE ableton users. Which didn't exactly have a perfect holy grail when it came out!

13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Thing is Ableton came out YEARS ago.. with the rapid development of technology, coupled with the fact that they stole about 75% from Live to begin with..and extreme long term beta testing.. a 1.0 should be significantly more polished than this.

Not sure if I mentioned... 4 Hundred Dollars.... A $400 Public Beta.

14. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I have just made the move from Pro Tools to Logic X. Not that I'm leaving PT behind, but it makes a lot of sense to jump on the bandwagon of a DAW built for the Mac, by those that make Mac now that they've made a major change -arguably for the better.

BitWig is a toddler in this field, and the question for me is: Is there room for yet another DAW? If the BitWig developers thought there was, and the user base response is that it is not either that innovative or comprehensive, then BitWig is a long way from getting to play with the big boys. I'm sure it will find its appeal in a lot if people, some of whom will be willing to grow as the program grows. One day, it will be a proper contender I'm sure, but now that I'm changing skins into Logic, I value the time it takes me to learn new habits and explore it.

The fact that a piece of software is cracked and there to be picked doesn't mean it's going to be free. I personally value the time it takes to get familiar with new software. This time, like many of us, I'll take a raincheck. Let's see what happens in a few years.

15. AuralVirus

AuralVirus Newbie

But a month down the road will bitwigs innovations shine through enough to cast shadow on the currently perceived missing components?
    Its going to be an interesting journey to witness.

16. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

I read elsewhere that Bitwig devs were a bunch of fed-up Ableton devs.
    It seems impossible now.
    The choice of using some java + badly ported libs was to make the multi-platform development easy and fast (it works on linux, windows and mac). But it just doesn't work, the software feel heavy.

Delphi was a bad choice for FLStdio? maybe... still it did spit out native and efficient, and in the 90's it worked faster and better than bitwig.

17. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

have u ever used a serious sequencer?

18. Regz

Regz Producer

ATM Bitwig sucks, no doubt.
    But let's see what they have to offer in the next months...

In the meantime FL is my home................. *yes*

19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Haha... yes were all just perceiving all the missing stuff.. :rofl:

That thur is funny.

Succinct quote of the week.

20. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

The original coders can't steal what they always had to begin with, otherwise Ableton could have sued them but as you can see they could\did not. It's Abletons fault for dropping the ball and letting the core coders get away and starting up something new. Meanwhile Live 8 and 9 is so full of bugs...think about it, you take version 1 of something and compare it to version 9 of something, How stupid is that? And what is this so called "long term beta testing" you're talking about?? 2 years ain't shit.