Bitwig to Announce Release Date at the 2014 NAMM Show

Discussion in 'Software News' started by teamsound, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

It's not Christmas it's 1rst April :rofl:

2. VirtualMark

VirtualMark Member

Yeah, such as sidechaining. Apparently this isn't a feature yet... pretty annoying, but it should be easy to workaround considering the modulation capabilities we've seen so far.

I think most people here applied for the beta. I certainly did, and like you I didn't hear a thing back. It's pretty annoying to say the least, as Bitwig looks like an awesome product from what they've shown.

It would have been nice for them to announce an open beta at this stage, as they did promise it'd be out this year.

3. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

AL is simply too comfortable with its parameter mappings, macro controls, LFOs and envelope followers which have been added by Max to it, these gadgets are simply too good(working with them is superfast) if u compare to the solutions of the other DAWs :snuffy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPLHvJzd-uE
    (these kind of wiring abilities are reachable but very very painful ones in the other DAWs)

so like it or not AL is an industry-standard/essential tool for EDM currently, as u know risers/downers heavily depends on these kinds of parameter modulations

if Bitwig really gonna get the mixer of Logic + Piano Roll of FL Studio (with multi track view as is in Cubase etc.) + Session View/Modulation capabilities of AL + a correct PDC, gonna be an instant buy for me (FL Studio: Patcher is too buggy (and a time waster) to able to replace with AL + its mixer is a nightmare without grouping) otherwise I have to still use AL

4. dway

dway Newbie

and if the improvements are so great, Ableton will incorporate them into live 9. whatever :rofl: it's too little too late for bitwig.

Those that hate the live style, won't buy it, those that luv live won't try it, who's the demographic market for this thing?

I't's only hope is if it has Master and Slave rewire capabilities, and or can be used as a Vst like Fl studio, but the brains at Bitwig are too proud.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you guys, forget the group, who hate java wont buy it! :rofl:

6. lowpass

lowpass Newbie

Here is an interesting link for you. Bitwig got about 688.000 Euro public funds from the city of Berlin and there are rumors of fraud. It's a german article. If neccessary, please use a translator ;) Info zu Bitwig Studio

7. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

If I read it correctly then, they've gone back to the drawing (again) due to the competition updating their software (again) this year and the investors were promised a release date back in April, which didn't happen :dunno:

Promising a release date for first quarter of 2014 (NAMM ?) and already claim to have several thousand orders :wow:

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Oh the drama :rofl:

9. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Oh the sarcasm :wink: merry xmas :mates: