Bitwig Studio 2.4

Discussion in 'Software News' started by freefeet12, Jul 12, 2018.

1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Bye Felicia. :bleh:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.4.1 RC 1 [released 25 Sept 2018]

Improvements
    • Sampler: When in Cycles mode, root key setting (plus fine tuning amount) is visualized on the waveform when zoomed in
    Fixes
    • Distribute keys, velocity, or select parameter for multi sample zones could not be mapped to a keyboard shortcut
    • Slow side browser when unfolding system disk tree file hierarchy on macOS
    • Rare crash when closing a project sometimes
    • Crash when searching in the browser using the "dir" keyword and a quoted argument containing non word characters (e.g. dir:"dir to search for")
    • MPE expressions didn't work reliably for VST plug-ins
    • Loading an empty Instrument Selector created around 50ms of latency
    • Layout issue in the Dashboard help section on displays with a large height
    • Crash sometimes when using a controller with remote controls and moving between devices
    • Always treat the enter key on the number pad the same as the normal enter key so it works everywhere where the normal enter key works for shortcuts
    • Sampler: Zone logic (always play / round-robin) wasn't stored in MULTISAMPLE files
    • Random engine crashes when using some controllers scripts
    • Dragging a sample file from the used list of samples inside a multisample did not work
    • "Browse Samples" not possible when the Sampler window is in detached mode
    • Controller API: DeviceBank.scrollTo set the scroll position instead of scrolling the position into view like the comment says it should
    • Action "start audio event here" on beat markers might set an incorrect start time
    Regression Fixes
    • Sampler: The fade-out that happens at sample-stop to prevent clicks didn't work for large block-sizes
    • Rare crash when consolidating audio clips
    • Some WAV files that could be read in 2.3.5 could not be read in 2.4 (e.g., when metadata had been edited in NI Maschine)
    • Crash when dragging Launcher clips from grouped track to Arranger in some cases
    • Dragging or inserting expression events on raw audio would sometimes leave the expression events in the wrong order
    • Keytracking for filters was slightly off in 2.4
    • Under some conditions, audio clips could get into an alternating silence state after the arrangement loop jumped

MPE is broken in this RC. I guess we'll be seeing another.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  3. magentaappearance

magentaappearance Noisemaker

why not? Of the millions of fixes, I've noticed 2 or 3 small bugs. Not to mention that Bitwig never crashes at 99.99% in 1000 hours, except the engine.

4. Godstar

Godstar Member

In my usage (everyday),I have had so few crashes I cannot remember the last, it will hang if it cannot load a vst and give you options, but that is built in to save losing your work. If you are are a legit user then their customer service is excellent (I have previously posted on this subject) If you are using a cracked copy then mention it, and not cast aspersions.

5. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

The basics of this kick ass sampler. Enjoy.

The basics of this kick ass sampler. Enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. meow

meow Guest

I bought a multitouch for Bitwig and it was great,then a fly f'ed up my OS.

7. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.4.1 RC 2[released 01 Oct 2018]
    Fixes
    • Channel Filter device: fixed engine crash when receiving system MIDI messages (like active sensing) from a plug-in
    • Note Echo device: could generate an invalid channel number
    • MIDI CC device: could send an incorrect CC 127
    Regression Fixes
    • MPE was broken in RC 1
    • Keytrack modulator: default values in absolute mode were not giving a straight line

8. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.4.1 RC 3[released 10 Oct 2018]
    Improvements
    • Improved the startup time of the application
    • Sampler uses less memory
    • Changed default "Channel to" setting in track inspector to 1.
    Fixes
    • Quneo script would crash when receiving some MIDI CC messages
    • Some png files could crash the application on Windows if there were errors downloading them (e.g in the dashboard help)
    • Panning or zooming with middle mouse button would put focus into the viewport being panned which it shoudn't
    • Only try to focus a Bitwig Studio main window if the user explicitly closes a plugin window by clicking on the close button in the window title

https://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html

9. What did it do?How would you describe its failure modes?

10. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Bitwig is Ableton on steroids. People who like reaper would also prefer Bitwig over Ableton. Bitwig started where Ableton left it.

Ableton is simple. People Love it. Bitwig 2.4 is a winner.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018
  11. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Release Notes for Bitwig Studio 2.4
    System Requirements
    • Windows - Windows 7, 8, or 10 (all in 64-bit)
    • Mac - macOS 10.11 ("El Capitan") or above
    • Linux - Ubuntu 17.04 or later
    Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.4.1 [released 17 Oct 2018]
    Improvements
    • Sampler: When in Cycles mode, root key setting (plus fine tuning amount) is visualized on the waveform when zoomed in
    • Sampler: uses less memory
    • Some improvements to the startup time of the application
    • Changed default "Channel to" setting in track inspector to 1, recording notes to channel 1 by default
    Fixes
    • MPE expressions now work more reliably for VST plug-ins
    • Browser Panel no longer slow when unfolding system disk tree file hierarchy on macOS
    • Layout issue in the Dashboard help section on displays with a large height
    • Crash sometimes when using a controller with remote controls and moving between devices
    • Always treat the enter key on the number pad the same as the normal enter key so it works everywhere where the normal enter key works for shortcuts
    • Sampler: Zone-logic (Always play / Round-robin) wasn't stored in MULTISAMPLE files
    • Sampler: dragging a sample file from the used list of samples inside a multisample did not work
    • Sampler: "Browse Samples" was not possible when the Sampler window is in detached mode
    • Sampler: Distribute Key / Velocity / Select Equally functions could not be mapped to keyboard shortcuts
    • Channel Filter device: would sometimes crash when receiving system MIDI messages (like active sensing) from a plug-in
    • Instrument Selector device: an empty device was creating around 50ms of latency
    • Note Echo device: could generate invalid channel number
    • MIDI CC device: could send an incorrect CC 127
    • Keytrack modulator default values in absolute mode were not giving a straight line
    • Engine crash when cutting or copying a scene in some cases
    • Use global time signature for newly created clips on arranger when arranger does not have any time signature automation
    • When creating a new project and we close the previous project activate the audio engine on the new project if it was activated on the one we closed
    • Some PNG files could crash the application on Windows if there were errors downloading them (e.g in the dashboard help)
    • Panning or zooming with middle mouse button would put focus into the viewport being panned which it shoudn't
    • Only try to focus a Bitwig Studio main window if the user explicitly closes a plugin window by clicking on the close button in the window title
    • Crash when searching in the browser using the dir keyword and a quoted argument containing non-word characters (e.g. dir:"dir to search for")
    • Quneo script would crash when receiving some MIDI CC messages
    • DeviceBank.scrollTo set the scroll position instead of scrolling the position into view like the comment says it should
    • Random engine crashes when using some controllers scripts
    • Rare crash when closing a project sometimes
    Regression Fixes
    • Sampler: The fade-out that happens at sample-stop to prevent clicks didn't work for large block-sizes
    • Rare crash when consolidating audio clips
    • Some wav files that could be read in 2.3.5 could not be read in 2.4 (e.g., when metadata had been edited in NI Maschine)
    • Crash when dragging launcher clip from grouped track to arranger in some cases
    • Dragging or inserting expression events on raw audio would sometimes leave the expression events in the wrong order.
    • Keytracking for filters was slightly off since 2.4
    • Under some conditions, audio clips could get into an alternating silence state after the arrangement loop jumped
    • Action "start audio event here" on beat markers might set an incorrect start time

12. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.4.2 [released 23 Oct 2018]

Fixes
    • Scene could have wrong height in Mix view under certain circumstances
    • Adjusted auto-suspend behavior for some amplitude-averaging devices (such as Compressor, Transient Control, and Peak Limiter)
    Regression Fixes
    • Inserting beat markers via double-click sometimes would not work in layered Detail Editor Panel
    • E-Kick device: differences between 2.3 and 2.4
    • Under rare circumstances, a clip copied from the Arranger to the Clip Launcher could play back with an incorrect amplitude

13. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

1811_WinterSale_B.png

"Bitwig winter sale! Buy today and save up to $100. And discounted pricing on upgrades and merchandize too. Treat your music right with Bitwig Studio, the next generation music creation and performance tool. Plus our hoodies will keep you warm AND cool.
    This is a limited offer valid until December 31, 12pm CET"

https://www.bitwig.com/en/shop/webshop.html

14. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

remark, ^^^ fyi, You CAN buy an upgrade plan and activate the serial at a later date.

15. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

How irresponsible of me, of course you can! I should have mentioned it! :excl:

16. kims

kims Kapellmeister

wow how much money do you get for all these advertisement on and on so its got to be alot? :)

17. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

I wish, that would be awesome. Why, do people pay for stuff like this somewhere? Because I find myself doing it free all the time. I wouldn't mind some cash for doing something I just do anyways.

In reality, it benefits me to have more people use the software. Bitwig is a small group of people, the more money they make, the more they can grow, and the quicker I get the features I want implemented in the software. That's the dream anyways. Plus, it's a record, for the sake of keeping a record, for anyone interested in the development of Bitwig, of everything they've done so far and at what rate they do it in. I can't seem to find a complete history on their site.

18. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.4.3 [released 21 Nov 2018]
    Improvements
    • When previously cached, Dashboard content will display even when offline
    Fixes
    • VST3: fixed crash with plug-ins having a root program list, but no parameter for controlling the program index
    • Prevents crash when malformed OSC packets arrive
    Regression Fixes
    • Track controls not aligned correctly when showing arranger track IO section
    • Meters were occasionally showing level when they were actually silent
    • Snapping works again when dragging a time selection of automation points

https://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html

19. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Cheers man I personaly appreciate your posts regarding Bitwig....Finaly got this bad boy, it's pretty awesome.

20. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Congrats!