BitWig Studio 1.3

Discussion in 'BitWig' started by Oysters, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

BITWIG STUDIO 1.3
    Touch Bitwig Studio
    Today the full power of Bitwig Studio is literally at your fingertips. We’ve developed complete multi-touch functionality to quickly identify gestures for the most unique and intuitive workflow ever. If you’ve been waiting for the right moment to get your hands on Bitwig Studio, now is the time.

The Bitwig Studio 1.3 release candidate is available today for all three platforms, including multi-touch on Windows, Linux, and optimized with a special display profile for Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Book. Mac OS X does not fully support multi-touch at this time, but Bitwig Studio is ready when that day comes. In the meantime, Mac users will be happy to find several bug fixes and the new E-Cowbell device while they wait.

The latest version of Bitwig Studio, featuring multi-touch, tablet display profile, gestures, pen control, and more cowbell.

Bitwig Studio 1.3 release candidate is available now.

Greetings from Berlin,
    The Bitwig Team

1.3 KEY FEATURES AT A GLANCE
    • Multi-Touch
      Control multiple faders, knobs, and device displays at the same time. Multi-touch is limited only by the capabilities of the hardware on which Bitwig Studio is installed.
    • Radial Menu
      Press and hold anywhere on the screen for a quick access menu for multiple actions.
    • Touch Keyboard
      An integrated keyboard that includes X/Y axis controls independent for each finger. An additional dimension, "Pressure" is available when using the Touch Keyboard with Pen and Microsoft Surface Pro.
    • Track Header
      One single button has effectively replaced four. Simply tap and swipe in a direction to activate
    • New E-Cowbell Device
      You've got a fever, and the only prescription ...is more cowbell.

http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig_1_3

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Wow. Honestly makes me want to try this out now. Wonder how it compares to FL.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

Great, but what is actually different between Live and Bitwig?

5. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

I had to log in to laugh at that question LOL.

7. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

first ones in my mind: linux, multi-tabs, multi track editing, multi level grouping, unified modulation system*, keyboard shortcut customization, looping automation curves, there is no MAX in it so can't crash the whole op system just itself, plugins are sandboxed, anything to anywhere routing system(audio/midi), hybrid tracks (audio/midi together), group tracks are normal tracks too (can be put MIDI/audio to them) also can be bounced in place ...err have to think

*modulation is so unique to easier to show a video about it

+ projects can be dropped into other project as groups

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Great DAW!
    I wonder if the full 1.3 version will be ripe for cracking :winker:

9. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

Do you know which one is better for Audio? I need a daw that can do almost anything to audio and sample files. I'm not fan of electronic music and synths sound much.

10. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Hah, don't tell me you're on of those guys who think FL is just a toy unable of professional production.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

This is next on my shopping list. Like distilling Renoise into any DAW

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  13. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I use Bitwig for both EDM and audio and find it great for both. You can also audition sample files and the editing capabilities are also second to none. I find it an easy learning curve also but we are all different in our approach and needs so you may not appreciate it as much as I do. V 1.1.8 is available on Audioz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. xsze

xsze Guest

Than avoid this fun creative DAW's (FL, Live, Bitwig, MuLab, Reason and etc) and focus on more linear ones like Reaper, Cubase, Studio One, Logic, Digital Performer and etc, they excel for scoring, MIDI and audio, even better if you aren't into electronic music and synths, than there's no need for this fun DAW's at all, many of them are famous because of electronic music purely, that's their thing and nothing more, you won't see them used much for heavier audio editing duties, video, tracking, mixing, mastering and etc sessions, they just don't cut it above the rest for that jobs :no:

15. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

Thanks man, you shed some lights in my dark room.
    I'm conflicting with my self about which daw is good for my need. I do just learning stuff and working about 95% in the box. Just using Keyboard like Korg Pa series to play, and using loops and samples to make most oriental music.
    I like Pro Tools for my need but for many reason that you may aware of it it's not possible at least for me to get that.
    For now I'm getting to know Studio One 3, because it is for both windows and mac for some reason I need to have for both platform.
    The other choice maybe DP9 or Cubase not sure yet.:dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. xsze

xsze Guest

Try them all and see where you see yourself spending hours and hours, sometimes just specs and features don't mean that much, but how intuitive is all that for you :yes:

I would vouch for Cubase, some of the top cats like Hans Zimmer are using it for their scoring needs (and many non PT guys for their studio workhorse), it truly is mature professional DAW that have decades of work invested in it, little pricey, but it's worth it really, especially now on 8, which works great on both platforms, performance wise :like:

17. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I also reckon Cubase for linear is good but for speed of workflow linearwise I would say Studio One is up there among the best but as xsze says, try them all and find what suits your workflow best. Audioz is your friend in that respect :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  18. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

I didn't try Cubase, a friend of mine has elicens to Cubase 7 and he doesn't need that. Is it possible to download Cubase from cubase.com and use the dongle? If it is working then I can upgrade it to v8

19. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

there is an official answer too

from 7.30, this is a quite long interview with Dom (man behind BWS)