BitWig - FXs doesn't recall parameters

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Pistascho, May 20, 2014.

1. Pistascho

Pistascho Member

I have been dabbling in the demo and the *extended* version and I realized that FX added loses memory once you've close the project (after saving it of course).
    At first I thought it was a limitation to the demo, but it even happens in the full version.

Am I doing it wrong, or is it a known bug for now?

Does anyone know?

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

What do you mean by "loses memory"?

4. copylefter

copylefter Producer

I think he mean the FXs doesn't recall parameters on opening of a saved project.
    BTW don't use bitwig so can't help :unsure:
    Maybe some bitwig betatester [​IMG] can kick in and shed some light

5. Pistascho

Pistascho Member

Yes, as Copylefter mentioned. Bitwig doesn't recall the parameters configured so you have to redo it all which is annoying.
    It doesn't warn you either, I found out when a project didn't sound as I recalled I left it saved as.

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I had enough patience with Bitwig and i managed to do 3 songs from scratch last week and i didn't faced any problem. I rendered a mixdown file and after a couple of days when i opened one of these projects, they still sounded the same and the parameters was the same as well. I used both stock and 3rd party plugins and everything seemed fine. P.S. my Bitwig never runs without administrator privilages, check if you ran it as admin or not, it should make a difference (some plugins crashed when i installed Bitwig exactly 'cuz i forgot to check the "Run As Administrator" box, it was like a magic switch for that crashes). :dunno:
    I accepted the fact that the browser still have a certain bug, like you would search a Waves or a Fabfilter plugin which is already present in the browser's list, but when you search a particular one there's nothing popping up so i had to scroll in the browser and drag it manually everytime i needed them (this bug it doesn't happen with all the plugs in the list, only with Waves, Fabfilter and a few others). I figured this out by saving a preset for a certain plugin which is not shown in the browser when i search for it, so if i search for the preset instead i can make it popping out faster that way, instead of scrolling the whole plugin browser to pick it up. Btw... do you noticed this problem?

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

like i always said, write a bug report on their kvrforum or send them a support mail, instead of complaining. (they are aware they have some bugs to fix.

8. Pistascho

Pistascho Member

Thanks for your input. Personally I have set UAC on "never notify" so I cannot start anything as administrator, perhaps it could be that but I also have narrowed down the fault to one third party plugin. So it could be the plugin and not BitWig in particular.

Anyway, BitWig feels so smooth and looks promising. I really love that both 32 and 64bit works under one umbrella.

9. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

Really? , not having to run as administrator has been standard since vista, it's pretty bad if all this time later a brand new app would require it...

10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

It's not a bad thing, it's actually the way you make a program to be "respected" and prioritized by the OS. I didn't liked it either two years ago when i migrated to Win7 for the first time but i accepted that fact and now i'm ok.
    I'd rather complain here instead of waiting for a company who test a beta for years and then release it as beta too. I know they keep the updates flowing very frequently, but my expectations are not that big when it comes about that browser bug. :dunno:

11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I've never had such problems. Don't know what could be causing it.
    Are you running the latest build..sorry, version? ;)

12. Pistascho

Pistascho Member

Actually no. I was using the demo at first, in order to confirm whether it was a demo lock or a "bug" I did install the version that I thought was the latest 1.7. Perhaps it is the same as the demo available, I did not check.
    Looks like it was a third part plugin fault.

Perhaps someone else can double-check the fault of this third-part plugin?
    The name is Stereo Imager by Nomad Factory