(bitwig.com) Bitwig Studio 1.3.6 Released

Discussion in 'BitWig' started by thantrax, Jan 19, 2016.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Bitwig Studio 1.3.6

[​IMG]

Changes in Bitwig Studio 1.3.6
    Released on 15.01.2016.

NEW Added Post Recording Actions to clip launcher which are activated after a specified duration has been recorded. This can be used to record clips of a predetermined fixed length as well as to record multiple takes automatically to multiple clips.

IMPROVED Added support for track and instrument name metadata to MIDI file import.
    IMPROVED Much lower memory usage and better overall application performance on OSX.

FIXED Crash when changing drum machine preset for another preset using the popup browser and having previously selected a pad that does not have a chain in the preset selected.
    FIXED Phase is inverted when recording audio from an external source using ASIO at 24-bit.
    FIXED Muted clips are not visually distinguishable from unmuted clips in clip launcher.
    FIXED Moving notes by a tiny amount using the inspector creates lots of duplicates.
    FIXED Creating a clip in the clip launcher using different time signature than 4/4 still creates a clip with 4 quarters duration.
    FIXED When importing MIDI files the clip length should be calculated from the content instead of from MIDI metadata.
    FIXED When opening timeline context menu only update time selection when clicking outside of selected time range, otherwise delete command will not work correctly for automation.
    FIXED Rare crash when deleting a track or moving it out of it's group.
    FIXED On Linux the window shifts down by the size of the title bar each time the application is started.
    FIXED Exporting MIDI file should ignore muted notes.
    FIXED When saving a new clip the BPM is set to 110 and not the project's current tempo.
    FIXED Zoom to fit leaves too much space in timeline editors.
    FIXED Clip launcher note editor sometimes jumps to time before content start when stopping playback with playback follow enabled.
    FIXED Dragging a track from one project to another that referered to a sample that was collected and saved on a different machine in the source project would not find the samples when dropped in the destination project.
    FIXED Effect track is called audio track in context menu.
    FIXED Moving multiple continuous clips with "automation follows clips" activated creates unneccessary automation dots at the boundries of the clips.
    FIXED When clicking on header area of a drum note lane that does not contain notes, it should also reset the time selection to avoid accidental deletion with standby time selection.
    FIXED Undo history breaks if you move an automation point and hit the right mouse key while doing so.
    FIXED Instrument notes are not truncated at the clip boundry when consolidating.
    FIXED Pasting text from the clipboard on OSX does not work.
    FIXED Free running automation is not shown correctly in content preview section of launcher clips.
    FIXED Importing corrupt midi files that have track names that contain the null character results in a project that cannot be opened once saved.
    FIXED When there is a long list of items that needs to be scrolled in a menu it is not possible to select menu items using touch that are not visible.
    FIXED Changing track color while detail editor being open does not repaint notes.
    FIXED Macro section displays "Default Preset" after loading a saved VST preset via the popup browser into an existing VST plugin.
    FIXED Projects with editors set to triplets don't show correct value in grid subdivision fields.
    FIXED Some devices get clipped along the bottom edge when scaling is not 100%.
    FIXED Notes in drum MIDI files that have zero length should be interpreted as 16th when importing into Bitwig Studio.
    FIXED Playhead starts in wrong position and not from the blue play marker after bounce.
    FIXED Controller API: Crash when creating named device cursors from onMidi callback.
    FIXED Regression: pasting text does not work on OSX.
    FIXED Not possible to move the loop start for a clip beyond bar 250 using inspector but dragging loop region allows this.
    FIXED Controller API: crash when using device layer bank.
    FIXED Crash if bouncing a track region in place and before the bounce has completed deleting the track.
    FIXED OSX engine crash when scanning certain audio devices.
    FIXED Sometimes engine crashes on OSX when connecting to document.

More info here (DDL links)

Source
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

decided to stay with ableton, because its easier to handle, has some limitations, but i am so fluent with it, it would take ages to get on the same level with bitwig.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Z4C4M4NdU

Z4C4M4NdU Member

And for me it's totally different, i can't be creative and productive with ableton, i am so fluent in bitwig, it would take ages to get the same level in ableton.

5. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

Hi Everybody!:shalom:

That's maybe my first post here, I don't remember... i come often to read but not to telling my life :) Excepted this time!

I'm not sure Live is easier to handle than bitwig... even less intuitive for beginners (my point of view of course). I tried Live 9.5 and, for me, with my ears, sounds became flat and less deep than the same sounds in Reaper or Pro tools (my other DAWs) with no treatments and same soundcard configuration... In bitwig i can "see" my sound in a 3D space again, that's for this major reason i choose it.
    I know there is a lot of people in love with Live and i can understand! That's a pretty amazing DAW! But in my point of view not for the essential! Maybe Live 10 will get my money! :yes:

Excuse my english! And Thanks to all people making this community alive!

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. ArticStorm

it has all 32bit internal audio, so how can the sound become flat? the sound engine is the same, the same code, there were even a phase invert test between daws, so it could be the GUI give you that audio illusion!
    so wait a moment, you load the same plugins in different daws and the sound is still different? because of the audio processing? i dont think so, plugin devs would riot, if that would be the case!

i will sign you, that bitwig is for starters a bit cpmplicated, there are some things, i dont like about and as soon as they dont have the modular system i am not willing to change, because right now all works fine in ableton (apart from stupid max4live, but thats another story).

they really try to get an interesting product out, and i am thrilled what they have to offer for v2!

7. Ankit

Ankit Guest

If Ableton integrates max4live essentials plugins by default.. (atleast add convolution reverb).. max4live is a cpu hog... very slow..

8. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i agree with you my friend ...i know 90% of peeps says that there are no differences and could be maybe the placebo effect ...you know my theory\answer behind all this ??? ...that 99% of the time stays in the faders behaveiour ....yes your DAW mixer, i really believe its all there ...those that say there are no differencesare the more prfessionals'' of use who use numbering when comparing a daw ...of course you cant believe one that just says there is a difference and you disagree because some of you really take use numbering ...i never tryed but i do believe both sides in some way ...the one that measures and the one who dont ...i really never tested this but what could be all the fuzz about? ...then a good pair of headphones and a very good soundcard should be capable to tell you the real truth ...

PS: as musician hobbist (without any knowledge in chord progression, just the feeling a track should go) lots of the times i dont make music, i just play with all i can get my hands on, beeing that a new daw, plugin bought or ''smashed'' a new pack of samples or presets and just save may templates\starting points winch i am full, make mashups now and then, save my own presets but i rarely produce something to the end and have very few unfinished projects ...just my son one day will use my ideas\starting points, i hope. Thats all the experience i have in case you're courious

9. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Too much "Crash" words in that introduction text.
    Maybe next Year I`ll give it a spin

10. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

to back @ArticStorm 's point about how ableton hasn't got a bad sound engine, i read a nice article (i'll try to link it later, but right now i am a bit busy), where a producer put the same audio tracks on about 10 different DAWs (Ableton and fellow audio engine 'whipping boy' Reason included), using the same mixer settings on all of them, he bounced the master fader of all to wav.
    he then tried basically every combination of all the wavs 2 at a time, with one of the wavs' phase inverted.
    EVERY combination caused total silence. ie. all were exactly the same ie. no DAW has good audio engine and none has a bad one either. they are all good really! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  11. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

I don't want to start a war between "supporters" :thumbsdown: Just want to understand where i eventually made a mistake in my comparison process.
    i put same original tracks in the same way into Bitwig and Live, without any plugins, same levels and after exporting them, with same parameters, i put them into Pro tools and i switch the phase on one of them. I don't have silence...

Maybe there is something to do in ableton that i don't know or any other explanation for that problem...
    but trust me i compose/mix/master since 2000, enough time to get some listening skills... and even if i don't look at my computer screens i can tell each time wich one is Live or Bitwig so the GUI is not influencing me.

For info, to do this test i used:

Softwares: Live 9.5 / Bitwig 1.3.5 / Pro tools 10 HD
    Computer: Mac OSX 10.8.5 / i7 2,3 Ghz / 16Go Ram
    Soundcard: RME FF800
    Main monitors: Adam A7X
    Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 pro.

If i can resolve that i will probably use Live because some practical tools are missing in bitwig for now... like crossfades for exemple!

I repeat! I want to go further! Not start a fire! :winker:

Thanks mates!

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Niles Hollowel-Dhar (Ex-The Cataracs) started using Ableton Live when he started his new KSHMR career in late 2013. So that's not even 3 years since (he's not producing since 2000 like you :bleh:) but still, before Ableton he used Acid Pro 7 and Reason and still he produced for all the big names in the industries, no.1 Billboard spots, etc. now with his KSHMR name he's taking no.1 Beatport charts on a frequent basis and no one complains about his sound quality, which frankly it's great as usual!

Next time when you try to "state facts" make sure you have some strong points to back you up.
    Even if (absurdly) there would be a difference in the sound quality of DAW's engines, it would be ULTRA-MEGA-EXTRA-Irrelevant in the real world scenario, because real talents will still make great music and burst into the industry with regardless software they use.

13. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

bitshit

14. Willum

Willum Rock Star

For differences in sound between various daws the usual cause is that the panlaw settings are different, that will cause a change in how the sound is perceived by the listener.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

dude i remember the rusko masterclass, where he sat in front of ACiD4, where he produced awsome shit with, also his other setup was equal to ACiD4.
    some people could have a big studio, but still not able to produce something decent and the other ones, are in a mc donalds and wrote a #1 track there.
    i pretty sure its your ability to produce, which is not that great, dont get me wrong about 5-6 years ago i thought the same, it was one of the points i moved from FL6 to Ableton8 (i had more points, but this was one).

i can only imagine how good my music would sound on those Adam monitors ;) right now i have some cheap monitors which are not bad.

just settle with one daw and learn it in and out, you will get better with production that way.

dont get me wrong! maybe just focus more on producing itself and to seek quality in different products.

16. SAPO

SAPO Ultrasonic

Wow! Condescension is the word!
    Funny to see that the most part of your answers is off topic and based on a mix of suppositions and emotional responses...
    Thanks for all the advices... Thanks for this great moment of communication!
    By the way, I was just trying to find why i could not achieve a null test between Live & Bitwig on my system!