Bitwig announces Version 2 and new Update Plan

Discussion in 'Software News' started by ArticStorm, Jan 12, 2017.

1. F3r

F3r Producer

Hello everyone.
    I am not comparing programs.

Only referring to the ad videos.
    For my frutty loops it has the most exciting ad videos.
    Maybe not for the music.
    Precisely because of the announcements and new features.
    As I said I am not comparing programs.
    Just video marketing.
    And I am NOT a user of bitwing or frutty loop.

2. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

the suggestion section in beta forum got like 3500 entries and yeah all they do are doing push crap updates.
    9 was released around ~23 March 2013, so its soon 4 years. dont know what they are up to, but they always were quite about new versions and major releases.
    there a suggestion with 100+ upvotes for LFO without m4l integration, same goes for a convolution reverb w/o m4l. max7 seems to be a letdown, its to resource hungry and loading takes just to long to work in live situation and not everybody wants to buy on a frequent basis a new notebook.
    then we have vst3 implementation, ask/suggested since end 2013. nothing happened there.
    dual monitor feature took them a 100 releases to implement (atleast i felt it that way), while still cant have the mixing in the arranegement view.
    the list goes on and on, but with that update plan, bitwig isnt putting themself in a better state, its insane to pay like 159€ every year, then i rather stick to Ableton, which has constant nice working updates for us.
    and find solutions for the problem i have in ableton via freeware or commercial plugins.

@F3r IL has lifetime free updates for FL, they do regular sales in the shop and they add new things/features with every .x releases and still blast out new major features on a major version. if you looking for a daw, FL is your friend, unless you are on linux or mac.