Bitwig 2 is released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by xbitz, Feb 28, 2017.

1. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

don't agree

Bitwig only bounces-out the instrument related things (things in instrument containers, intruments+their post fx chains etc.) but not the other fx ones, so if the resource hungry devices are put into instrument containers the other ones are still reachable after the bouncing

which is more versatile than any kind of full track freezing (esp. the Live one which not working with outer track modulations, side-chaining etc.)

worth to put all the instruments to group tracks/instrument containers and routing the MIDI to them from inner tracks (as on the video) to able to bounce the group(ped tracks) with one step process, after the bouncing the clip on the group track gonna block the MIDI sources from the grouped tracks

as u can see on the video the CPU hungry Avenger can be switched off after the bouncing process ad the other fx devices like delay/reverb etc. are still reachable (ofc. the MIDI clip on the inner track can be modified any time later)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

@xbitz
    [​IMG]

i working mainly with audio in Live, process it and i dont care what was before the previous step, bounce wouldnt bring any advantage, it would make things more complicated as i need only the audio nothing else.

i think both ideas are nice, one could use both depending on the needs for the task.