Bitwig 2.3

Discussion in 'Software News' started by xbitz, Jan 19, 2018.

1. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

"Bitwig Studio 2.3, featuring Phase-4, a new phase manipulation synthesizer, time signature changes, expanded device view, and much more...Release is planned for the end of February.

The beta testing phase of Bitwig Studio 2.3 starts very soon. All Bitwig Studio 2 license holders will be able to test the new version, and we will send out a newsletter as soon as the beta is available. Stay tuned!"

https://www.bitwig.com/en/18/bitwig-studio-2_3

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

4. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

:crazy: Sweet. I've only owned the software for 4 days. This is very welcome. :goodpost:

5. DJK

DJK Rock Star

dont know why, but i dont like bitwig, tried it and just cant like it, i know lots do, but ill stick to ableton

6. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

You're not alone. Some people dislike Bitwig so much they've come up with conspiracy theories about how the company is finished. That now they're just trying to rake in the cash before they disappear and leave everyone hanging with "incomplete software". :dunno:

I suppose part of that plan is nice updates and bug fixes. :rofl:

7. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

it's out

https://www.bitwig.com/en/download

8. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Sweet. I didn't get an email though. I do have that option checked in my account. Also, it's so small. A little above 1/2 the size of Bitwig 2.2.3.

9. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Must be a bad download then. I've just downloaded it and its about the same size here.

10. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

No, I'm just an idiot. lmao. I just woke up when I posted that and didn't yet install it. I was looking at the size of the .dmg file. :mad:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  11. Caldera

Caldera Producer

I think that this a pure crap!!

12. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

You can be a faithful husband! Don't cheat on Ableton!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

13. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I gotta say "WOOOW" for the Elastique Pro stretching algo implementation, at fuc*ing last!!!! The original stretching algo was so horrible and grainy that i had to work around it with Izotope's Radius RT algo. So many users were complaining on the forums about it. They finally gave up on the "homebrew" algo and adopted the Elastique Pro "industry standard" from Ableton/Cubase/S1/Reaper, etc.

I personally love this DAW for mock-ups and quick ideas, the midi timing is the tightest i've found and also comes with built in assigning script for my Nektar Panorama P6 which turns it into a midi beast and i can control everything in the DAW with it, unline Ableton/S1/etc.
    That's actually why i love writing in Bitwig and recording/mixing/mastering in S1. The combo works wonders (for me).

14. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

So do I, it's obviously not true.

Wait, do you mean me?

15. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Yes, that scripting is a thing of beauty. :grooves:

I really wish I knew how to write my own, or at least modify one. I've tried to read and make some sense out of them but it's above my head.

16. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

what are the particularly likable main feature of bitwig, compared to other daws would you say?

17. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Well, that's too broad a question honestly. It's best, imo, to compare it to a similar DAW. That DAW being Ableton's Live. It's what Live should have become, some might argue, only it's not nearly as matured. It's getting there pretty fast considering how small the team is. I think it's 4 coders in a team of 12. I guess it can be called a "Semi-Modular" DAW (so I've read) with layered editing, devices, nested FX/instrument chains, great hardware, midi, touch screen integration and an awesome "Open Controller API" that allows for fantastic controller integration. Oh, it's got micro pitch editing too for those fancy controllers. ROLI, ect. (not that you need them to use it) You can do stuff like have midi and audio on the same track, for example, or modulate almost anything, including the modulators. It's strengths are in sound design, experimentation, quick work flow and hardware integration from what I gather. With 25+ modulators and a bunch of devices designed to work with said modulators the sound pallet is huge. Not that you're limited to native devices. It also can run, vst3, 32 bit or 64 bit vst's at the same time and sandbox said vst's so if they crash the DAW won't, allowing you to either ditch it or try to restart the plugin. The sound engine also crashes on it's own and can be restarted. Pretty cool.

I'm sure someone else could explain this stuff better. I'm barely over a week into it and not as technically inclined as I'd like to be. It's got some pretty unique and advance stuff going on not found anywhere else that I'm aware of, so far. But it does fall short in certain areas, what I would call basics, imo. Again, it's getting there.

https://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/bitwig-studio-2.html
    https://www.bitwig.com/en/18/bitwig-studio-2_3
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.39.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 2.39.03 AM.png

I wouldn't record a band with it. I don't think it's headed in that direction, but who knows. :dunno:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

hi all
    i use studio one for everything these days, however i used to love creating stuff in ableton and importing to s 1
    i wonder if i could use bitwig for midi and sound design then import into s1? my issue is connectivity..... i really want to run a creative pc that i can link to my s1 box
    i hate rewire...for obvious reasons maybe ill look at bitwig if i can connect it
    cheers

19. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

That's what i do most of the time. Starting the song in Bitwig, finishing it off in S1. That's cause i hate midi timing & editing in S1. The Integration of my P6 is amazing in Bitwig, unlike S1. But for recording/mixing purposes i don't like Bitwig but i do like S1, that's why the combo works.

20. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

21. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star