Bitwig 1.3.9 causing BSOD when scanning plugins

Discussion in 'BitWig' started by Bunford, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Anybody else getting this issue? I'm using a Windows 10 64 bit machine and it has never crashed on me since updating to Windows 10 when it was released. It is rock solid through everything, except for scanning plugins in Bitwig.

The BSOD error i get is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION asmtxhci.sys.

Anyone else getting a similar problems or have any ideas?!?!

Here is the dump log, and seems to be the USB 3 host drivers, which i obviously don;t want to uninstall due to having USB 3 devices...

upload_2016-6-19_20-11-17.png

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. m9cao

m9cao Producer

the plugin window freezed when opening 'patch browser' in roland plugout synth

4. DjDeViousD

DjDeViousD Newbie

You might have to look for updated drivers, if that is not possible, try uninstalling, then reinstalling. I just upgraded to Bitwig 1.3.9, with NO issues or crashes. I am running with an Asus X54C laptop with an upgraded core i5-2450M cpu, 8 gigs of RAM. I just did an remix in Bitwig last night, with no issues. I did have the previous (1.3.6), but I just installed over that one. All my Plugins and projects open properly also. Do you have any USB Midi control devices connected to your USB 3.0 port, while Bitwig is scanning? You might need this for your Audio Interface -
    MOTU Universal Audio Installer for Windows (4.0.5.9198).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Seems like a driver issue. I had ASMedia 1.16.29.1 installed. A newer version 1.16.35.1 was released in April. Updating to that seems to have resolved it!