Bitter Sweet Music Business

Discussion in 'Conversations About Good Music' started by Zenarcist, May 1, 2016.

1. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

What an injustice ...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. floond

floond Platinum Record

Best Answer

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

That's why it's called "music business", not "music art".

5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

On the other hand Bob Dylan didn't pull any moves on this tune, in fact I'm not sure if he even took a share of the revenue, he just said it was a cool song and gave his permission to use the sample ...

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  6. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Ain't nothing 'sweet' about the music bizniz. Whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

very illuminating, and where do the AX denizens stand on the Spirit / Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven claims ?

I think they are just too similar as well, and given this example, and too many others of Zep making golden bank from

so many ( and too many ) dirt poor bluesmen, I vote slag on them.. :wink:

8. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Yup. I heard about this a long time ago. This is still to this day my FAVORITE SONG!! Literally the best song ever written. Beautiful, gorgeous, and amazing. The Verve had several other amazing songs, like Lucky Man, Sonnet, Rolling People, Slide Away, and many more. Richard Ashcroft is an amazing writer. This story still to this day pisses me off. There's a special place in hell for Copyright Trolls.

9. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Yup. This example is a total ripoff. But this one Zenacrist talks about is the Rolling Stones. These guys were and still are huge from day one. The Verve was just starting out when they made "Bittersweet Symphony", which, IMHO, is a slightly better song than STH.
    I'll probably get some death threats and hate mail for the last part of that last sentence^^, there. Bring it on, ya pussies!! I ain't afraid of y'all!!! The mountain of decomposed human corpses in my basement could sure use some company right about now!:rofl:

10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Yes realize it was the stones Sir Impressive, just highlighting them both as pretty obvious and glaring larceny... :winker:

I wonder if the Verve ever got paid? I should read the wikipedia article myself..
    and see if they mention it of course, but this is almost a note for note purloin..

at least Spirit, and now family members, are carrying on the fight
    on behalf of the deceased songwriter who will sady, never see justice,
    he joins the other bluesmen literally left in the dirt..

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016