Biggie & Ahmad "Things Done Changed / Back In The Day" (DnB Bootleg Remix)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by aymat, Mar 8, 2023.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Hi peeps,

Just wanted to share a new remix I just released on my bandcamp page. It's free to download for anyone that's interested. Hope you enjoy it and any thoughts/input much appreciated. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Superb vibe, daym. I like how the rim click drives the track forward, I like the harmony and I like the background lead synth.
    However, are you sure Biggie's flow goes well with the tempo and groove? Can you make an instrumental? I realize that might defeat the purpose, in a sense, but Biggie's flow is very pumpy and syncopated, he basically dictates a more relaxed swingy boom-bap groove, while DnB is gonna be tense no matter what you do with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thanks man, I had a lot of fun putting it together. Its the first full remix Ive finished and built the music specifically around the vocals.

Yeah, I agree its a weird flow on a dnb beat. There are parts that feel like they dont hit at the right time. His flow definitely lines up way better on the original. I tried adjusting parts of the acapella to line up but it just ended up feeling even more off lol. In the end I just kept it as is.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023