Big league producers on cocaine.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Von_Steyr, Jun 8, 2016.

?

Drugs in the music business.

1. Im ok with it.

2. I understand it ,but i dont condone it.

3. Hey,you do what you have to do,its a tough business.

4. I take something here an there.

5. Im NOT ok with it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

Can't imagine sitting in front of a DAW under drugs and being really productive.
    I guess it's a myth.
    Maybe this works manually on a guitar solo or so (if you can play it really virtuose).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

The problem is,if you start doing shit early and lose it you wont be able to learn diifficult things,obtain certain knowledge.
    First learn your knowledge,master the craft and then maybe you can celebrate here and then.
    If you fuck up your brains as a teen you are fucked,you have only one cpu,why would you want to downgrade your brains from a 1 millionth core to a dual core.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

We were laughing and laughing and laughing, even with mushrooms. Did we learned something? Nothing useful for music making. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

I been to studios where it's a accepted practice to pass the blunt around, and me being a non-smoker always got that death stares look lol but i must admit those guys went ham when they got high we did like 4 tracks in 6hrs when before it took 4hrs to do one track lol slackness

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Mrs Lord & Co. - Parkin (aka Grindrod's Parkin)
    bordo2 - Bonnie
    Element - Fresh Squeeze
    VGOD - Tornado

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Hey DarthFader, is that 10 BPM a typo or are you a professional free diving champion. That is incredible.

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

[​IMG]

8. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

@superliquidsunshine Nope. I'm not a pro diver. I leave the subaqua stuff to SWMBO. :)

I meant to say a 10 beats per minute increase in resting heartrate. Like from 50bpm to 60bpm. Following a warm-up my HR is 78-80 bpm. After a couple of chomps on some Guarana gum, my heartrate monitor would show 90 bpm.

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I really don't know. I was able to control it my whole and somewhat long life. Sometimes I need it, usually I don't. For example, I haven't been smoking pot for about two months now and now I'm thinking it might be the right time to have some. ;) Then I have a break of at least a month or two again, and so it goes. With wine it is different. I can just drink my usual tea and coffee for days, but I do have at least 2-3 glasses of red wine weekly. Sometimes I have them all on one evening. So I suppose I still have some kind of control over it? [rhetorical q] :wink:

One "trick" that I seem to subconsciously use comes to mind. I don't think about pot or wine too much. When it gets mentioned a lot I start to think about it and then I want it. Like right now. :rofl: It is great that I had a break from pot, and I didn't have any wine since last weekend.

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

No man,you should have said,yea im a PRO diver AND a producer.Your inbox would be flooded with dirty invitations from hot audiosex chics and possibly some Ladyboys as well,but hey you have to suffer a lil to win some.

11. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

Please don't hurt me. I'm just a patsy.

15. LeuNatic

LeuNatic Newbie

Are we talking big league producers or you? Cocaine is a social drug. "Hey Do You Party?" It's almost guaranteed on the block and in inner city production spots, and as the ladder of success slowly climbs, it fades away to a smaller usage percentage with D & E list producers. Then you creep back into Strong B and weak C's...it's relevant again. I may not know the plug in game, but I do recall thee plug. One interesting and sometimes poignant point is that producers (for this topic) and emcees/artists/singers/guitarists/drummers etc., often use coke to enhance stage performances and writing/recording sessions. A LuNatic I used to know followed suite. He then discovered the flake wasn't helping anymore when he had been using for years in a row. The flake was a deterrent, making his beats weaker and verses fragile. "I don't condone it"...please. You tell me you're going to walk out of a session where topless dimes are blowing flake off broken mirrors ready to squirt and you're handed a milkshake straw to blast up...and you're not going to c-o-n-d-o-n-e? If you COULD walk out of a scene like this, well my friend...you've already won. Bottom line, "Dandruff" is a wealthy man's drug, so the ones who aren't rich turned to ice (meth). The smart ones don't NEED drugs but may sample. The creatively dull or weak may shoot snow to see where they'll go. It's a personal choice, not for me to judge upon others besides. GOD Bless Hip-Hop!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  16. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

It COULD be that production and drug-use aren't directly related at all. Perhaps some guy who just happens to do coke is a great producer; and some other guy who does coke isn't. People are still the people the were after doing drugs. Doing a line of blow isn't going to remove your ability to produce--and it isn't going to enhance it either. It just gets you high. Sure, altered consciousness helps people shake off inhibitions. But that person had mediocre or great abilities before doing drugs. And the drugs don't really change that fact much.

17. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

I wouldn't indulge in it myself (but the hookers always bring it with them and force me to indulge) :)

18. It depends on the drug. I have been graciously nurtured as well as educated, spanked for my transgressions and then forgiven from my actions by the overseers that inhabit the inner world of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine. The kindness within its kiva is quite beautiful.

19. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

I've lost a couple of good old friends including a cousin because of DRUGS. :(
    My cousin was only 33 years old when he died, he was addicted to heroin for more than 10 years.
    The other friends have died for the direct consequences of drug consumption, because not
    only the drugs themselves are dangerous but also the people involved
    in the trafficking!
    One young girl i knew was shot down in Mexico by some drug-lords or smugglers.
    She was very beautiful and had an amazing voice as singer! :sad:
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  20. Sorry for your losses, Kookaboo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List