BIAS AMP and/or FX Causing Freeze: Pro Tools 12.4

Discussion in 'Software' started by bostonrake, Feb 26, 2016.

1. bostonrake

bostonrake Noisemaker

Hello,
    I have Pro Tools 12.4. I had the previous versions of BIAS Amp and FX and had a major issue. I have a session that has FX in it on one track. Every time I tried opening that session, Pro Tools it would hard freeze my computer... not crash, but hard freeze to where no movement is going on so I have to hard shutdown the pc. It took me awhile, but I finally found the issue to be with BIAS. I know this because if I move the BIAS Amp and FX aax plugins to the UNUSED folder, then the session opens fine. If I put them back in the plugins folder, then it will freeze again. I did this over and over to make sure it was the BIAS plugins causing the issue.

So, I figured it is just a bug and I need to update. So I uninstalled both amp and fx and got the latest.... 1.2.2.1160 and 1.3.1.1175. Unfortunately the exact same problem still exists. I verified by moving the BIAS aax plugs into the unused folder and then the session opens fine.

Any ideas or is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
    BR

3. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

I have noticed bias takes a long time to load in S1. This might not be your problem but...
    What happens if you give it more time?

4. bostonrake

bostonrake Noisemaker

Unfortunately I have let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes. It was definitely a hard freeze. Crazy thing was when I was tracking, all was fine!

The only thing I can think to try is to move the plugins to the unused folder. That will allow me to at least open the session. Then I can remove the plugin from the session and save the session. I can then close the session, move the plugins back to the plugin folder, open the session back up and re-insert the plugin again. Then save the session, close it, then try to reopen it.

That's the only idea I got.

BR