BFD3 info needed..

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vaijj, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Hi guys..

After many many years as a legit SD2 user and jumping back and forth trying new libs i started to get a little annoyed by the lack of variation in sounds. Even if to this day i think the workflow is outstanding i just no happy about that so many of the libs sounds similair. Let me be straight here and say that i have some amazing sounding sets/presets tha is my go to this day. Still, for me its time for a little change.

Yes, there is KONTAKT and some amazing good sounding libs that i also use and like. Halpern and Ocean Drums etc is just amazing. Just dont like the routing and options i have there. Still very competitive in some areas. XLN dont do the job at all since they sound to plastic and even more sound like they used one drum and just tweaked it just as i feel some of TT libs are done.

So to get to the point i went to really give BFD 3 that i used when it was just BFD. I quickly tried both version 2 and 3 but thought i was messy and a workflow that took way to much time. But now after playing around with it for about two months i must say that i really really like it. Still a little messy in its workflow but then again i want to be able to shape and mix the sound and BFD really gives me that chance. Thanks to alot of variation in drum and mic position its more like actually working with live drums than any of the other (its my opinion and how i work with real drums) drum plugins. As said, its only the workflow that is still a little messy to me but maybe that is cause of me and how everything is installed. All installs end up all over the place and its hard to get a good view of it all. I wish i could have all things on its own so to speak. Grooves, maps etc in its own folders. Same for the libs and drums.

So.. is tehre any experienced user that knows what is possible and not when it comes to move things around and taylor a folder structure as i want of would it lead to libs and drums will stop to work? It seems like i can remove all the current folder and rescan so i guess i jsut wonder if i can move things around as i please?

Hope for some tips on this...

Hug each other out there.. Love

Vaijj