Bezie

Discussion in 'Software News' started by twathead, Feb 24, 2017.

1. twathead

twathead Kapellmeister

Introducing Bezie

Look like a pretty cool interface for automation.

DAWs take note

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

It's pretty and all but there's no VST?!? It runs standalone and you have to wire it with virtual MIDI.

For a second I though I could get more than 8 envelopes by duplicating and renaming the Bezie.exe in the Appdata folder and loading more than one instance which worked until I realized that it can only send MIDI on a single virtual MIDI port named "Bezie".
    If it wasn't for MIDIShaper, I'd probably be bummed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Wonder if this would still be useful if you are already doing automation manually using a fader (automation controller)? I'd prefer better integration in the DAW, but I say this not having tried it, only looking at the YT vid.

5. bezieio

bezieio Member

Hi Pinkman! There is definitely flexibility to add support for more ports and/or channels in the next release. I have already had a few requests to allow for more than 8 channels. Feel free to send any feature requests or feedback over to [email protected]. Thanks for trying Bezie :)

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Cool. You should really consider VST format. I'm sure it'll get you more users. Three things I humbly suggest for the next release:
    Preset envelope shapes, independent lengths for each envelope and selection of MIDI channels on a virtual port.

Kudos on the software. I love these kinds of tools.

7. bezieio

bezieio Member

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I added channel selection into the latest release :) Thanks again for the feedback!

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Cheers for that, just got the email with the update indication...So we can now run several instances at the same time through different channels ? That's really cool, I'm getting quiet used to that little thing, it's a very nice tool, I'm happy I got it...
    Just one small request : could you add a shortcut to choose the type of curve (normal, b1, b2) ?
    Thanks for all your work in anyway...

9. bezieio

bezieio Member

Bezie still runs as a single virtual MIDI port with 8 channels. The update allows you to choose exactly which channels each envelope should send out. Do you see value in running multiple instances of Bezie?

Shortcuts for curve type as well as automation shape presets will be in the next release, that has been requested from a few others as well :)

Thanks!

10. V4nger

V4nger Member

I'm really interested to see how this develops. At the moment it looks like it may have a little way to go before I purchase but it looks excellent.

Cool!