beware: vstpluginz dot com & vstplug dot co.uk is scam, selling warez

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by maxthemusic, Apr 5, 2024.

Tags:
  1. maxthemusic

maxthemusic Newbie

Hello everyone, I recently came across vstpluginz dot com redirected to vstplug dot co.uk. They are selling Cubase for **£14.99**, which was quite surprising to me. I initially thought it might be a special promotion or possibly a secondhand license, I made a fast purchase and discovered that the Cubase software I bought is an illegal pirated version. When I requested a refund, they claimed it was 100% original software and that they were authorized by Steinberg to use their trademark VST in the website address. I am uncertain why Steinberg would allow scammers to use their trademark VST and deceive innocent users like myself. This situation has left me feeling disappointed and incredibly stressed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2024
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

You should have asked. When a deal looks to good to be true, it is. If a scam site like this actually sends you the files, that isn't good. But them going on a shopping spree with your credit card information is usually worse.

You should cancel your credit card and get a replacement.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. vexd

vexd Kapellmeister

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 23
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Cancel your credit card immediately, leave this behind and learn your lesson. It's obviously not a legit plugin, just one of those people selling cracked plugins. You were incredibly stupid to think there was the slightest possibility of this being a real deal but now you know, be mindful.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  6. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Producer

:rofl: this is not looking legit at all
    at least it was only 15 pounds

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

my guess is that the thread is actually an ad for the site. Maybe someone thinks users here are having a hard time finding some VR releases.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. FrankPig

FrankPig Platinum Record

"WE CAN INSTALL THIS FOR YOU 100% FREE"
    :mad:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Pinhead12

Pinhead12 Ultrasonic

How many years have you been using the internet? Beware of emails from Nigerian princes promising millions of USD for a small transfer fee. It's a scam. I just saved you money. ./end sarcasm

10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Over £14.99? I know everyone's financial situation is different and some have more hardship than others, but come on. This is a little beyond melodramatic isn't it?!

And based on @vexd screenshot above, it even clearly tells you it's not legit saying it's an unlocked VR version, so all your own fault for not paying due attention I'm afraid!

11. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

The site looks flashy, cheap, and poorly designed. Prices are only "realistic" if someone is very greedy or completely ignorant. In any case, £15 is not a lot of money to put a person under stress. You can grab a meal at a chain restaurant like McDonald's, KFC, or Subway for around £10-£15. Fish and chips can be bought for around £10-£12. So OP's distress does not seem realistic - he just missed a junk meal.

12. Pasi

Pasi Audiosexual

By looking at the site design your alarms should be ringing to get the fuck out immediately!

13. out

out Newbie

Ich finde es schlecht, und solche Web-Polizei muss es genau melden, bei Warez gibt es Logo, Teste vor dem Kauf, und nur beim Hersteller kaufen und nicht bei Betrügern!! Ich kann genau wie alle anderen sagen, vorsichtig sein

14. toetea

toetea Kapellmeister

April Fools' was 4 days ago... :wtf: :crazy: :trolls:

The money lost is not the biggest issue, I think @Djord Emer is right, that credit card is definitely compromised and should be cancelled.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I once bought UVI Falcon from them and they emptied my bank account, the wife left me after 28 great years, the kids no longer talk to me, my dog bit me then pissed in my shoes and I'm now working as a greeter at a Walmart in a bad neighborhood. I shoulda just used R2R's version, but I wanted to own it for cheep.

Can anyone help out a fellow AZ'er whose down on his luck?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. clone

clone Audiosexual

I didn't look at the website, but as you can see above people did look. that's the kind of prices you see on various South American sites that look like eBay but sell pirated copies. It's relatively hard to believe that someone would arrive here and create a new user account just to tell everyone they were scammed. There are also nefarious technical possibilities for those who click something like this. If I had to pick an option, I would go with spam.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. mysterdee888

mysterdee888 Newbie

Well i can vouch for vstpluginz. iv been buying from them for over a year now and they install the products for me. I use them because they install the products proppa for me

They also got a VIP area with a chat where you can communicate with others who buy from them.

And just like I used to most people install from torrents without knowing what they are installing or how to install it correctly with no support or reassurances and iv lost projects and laptops because of using torrents that crashed my DAW in the past, so I just prefere to use the services of vstpluginz now because I trust them, they know what they are doing.

And iv Never needed to use my credit card either, they give me payment links and paypal so I can buy safely. I always chat with them when making a purchase and ask for a payment link rather than using the checkout. Obviously im not just going to hand over my credit card details to anyone, But i would do if i had to but i dont they give me other options.

Visit this Facebook group if in doubt, lots of happy buyers on there, including a lot of Top Producers and Djs. And they are producers themselves. they not nigerian scammers lol. They UK Producers with a genuine history and following of supporters.

www.facebook.com/groups/vstpluginz

Here's what I purchased in the past few months.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  18. smoked_soul

smoked_soul Member

Cancel your credit card. ASAP.

19. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Yeesh! No bueno... Paying for warez in ANY capacity is a fools errand...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. mysterdee888

mysterdee888 Newbie

Never used creditcard with them.

21. mysterdee888

mysterdee888 Newbie

its the install i pay for. The main reason i use them is because of the install service they provide. i used to be a VIP member with vstbase.com but they dont provide any install and they was just cloning torrent links. Eventually i came across vstpluginz and iv been with them ever sinse rather than using vstbase.com

vstbase did take my creditcard details, But these websites use payment gateweys anyway like.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List