best workaround to use fl studio vst instrument presets in any other daw

Discussion in 'Software' started by brazytupac, Oct 13, 2022.

1. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

i'm trying to use some of my saved fl presets in cubase but it's hectic load up the vst and resave all my presets in another daw? any suggestions?

3. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

currently thinking of using fl rewire with the other daw or using a host like pachwork to save all my presets, which will be best?

4. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

woah i can't use patchwork becuase u'll have to browse the directory for each plugin. any knows if u can scan ur plugins and select instead of browsing for it? or any better vst host known?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

you should be able to export presets from the individual plugins. or scavenge the hard drive and find them all. stick them into a folder and when you open that plugin, you have one main folder to go look for it in.

what I would personally do, would be to immediately just start working in Cubase. Figure it out plugin by plugin, or one old project at a time. Should you have to even open one.

Your workflow is about to change so dramatically, you aren't going to be using your old presets anywhere near as much as you think you will. More like, FL will be the relatives you used to have before you hit the lotto and moved to Wyoming. ;-0

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  6. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

how? i do have them in one folder but the file extension is .fst (saved from fl studio), now i want to use these presets in cubase. idk if u get me ? or u cld send me screenshots of how you do it?

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

How to I save a preset as *.FXP

- You can save as fxp in wrapper settings > Preset
    -Turns out flstudio lets you open vstpreset files and lets you save them as fxb files for use in other software.

Click on MENU in the Sylenth middle window and select Save Preset as .fxp file which can be opened into Sylenth in any DAW.
    The Fl Studio menu can only save as FST, always look for the VST's own save settings.

What is an FXP file?
    An FXP file is a preset used by audio-mixing applications that support Virtual Studio Technology (VST). It contains an individual audio effect that can be added to a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) via a VST plug-in. FXP files are related to .FXB files, which contain multiple presets.

https://fileinfo.com/extension/fxp

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

This is what I intended to point out. All of your 3rd Party Synth VSTi presets will be saved within the actual Synth and its folders without doing this for every preset. Using FX presets saved this way will be a waste of time readjusting everything to each track, etc. It's better to just start out completely fresh. Leave the Bunny Hill behind and in 90 days or so, you'll be laughing about it.

Buy a nice Cubase book and uninstall FL so it's not a crutch every time you have to learn something new in Cubase. There are no "Magic Presets", if someone tells you this they are selling you something.

9. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

woah u just saved my life!!!!! works, although how do i create a bank (fxb with mutiple presets), it seems i can only export the preset one at a time (fxp)

10. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

woah u just saved my life!!!!! works, although how do i create a bank (fxb with mutiple presets), it seems i can only export the preset one at a time (fxp)

11. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

alright although it this might be difficult for other plugins, i tried kord's monopoly, can't seem to find where i can export presets

12. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

Also you could use FL Studio as VSTi in any host that is able to load VST2. You even can use FL Studio in FL Studio itself.

Just load it as VSTi and click on the strawberry.

FL in FL.jpg

EDIT: Oh. sorry, in the latest Cubase VST2 is deprecated...

13. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

Many plugins don't use FXP presets as developers prefer their internal formats but any VST host is able to save FXP presets (ot vstpresets for VST3). This is a part of the VST standard. In many cases it works. It doesn't work in special cases (for example, when a plugin need some external data, samples etc.).

Search in your host rather than in a plugin itself if you want to get presets that are interchangable among different hosts.

14. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

i just realized in fl studio u cant save fxp for vst3 plugins, my 90% of my plugins are vst3, this is bad luck man.

15. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

which is better tho? vst3 or vst? i guess i stuck to installing only vst3 because i realized somehow its cpu usage is lower

16. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

so i tried this in cubase, but when audition the sound in fl studio using my midi keyboard, it sustains forever, until i hit stop, or move to cubase and press play, i looked on the gui of the plugin and the key never releases

17. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

As I said, VST (VST2) was deprecated. VST3 is the standard for now. VST3 is a right choice.

Try Kushview Element instead of PatchWork. It's free. It's possible to load plugins from inside of it.

https://kushview.net/

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Korg has its own preset browser system.

In the file attachment you will find the MonoPoly manual, please have a look at page 43
    "Writing, saving, and loading Program data" and "Saving data on your computer"

Korg - MonoPoly - User Presets: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\KORG\MonoPoly\Presets\User

2.) VST3 - Presets: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\VST3 Presets

VST3 is the state of the art, much has been optimized. If you have a choice, you better take VST3.

Attached Files:

19. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

great, thank y'all for the help

20. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

can anyone help me get rid of this tho? when i lcik on the preset browser for any vst3 plugin, i have to scroll through a whole list of dummy program files to reach the external presets i have save.

Attached Files:

21. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It is better to create your own folder, for example: "My FL Studio Presets" or "brazytupac my VST3 Presets".
    When you have a plugin on you save your own created presets in your newly created folder.

It would be better to create a new folder for each plugin.
    Top folder. My presets - subfolder Korg - MonoPoly, Korg PalySix etc....! I would create the folder in C./.

The default folder for VST3 is: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\VST3 Presets

You should save the folder from time to time on a USB stick or on a CD, in
    case your system crashes, hard drive failure etc., you have your data saved.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022