best windows version for fl studio

Discussion in 'PC' started by Axios, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Axios

Axios Newbie

hello i'm currently looking for the best windows version for fl studio to run on macbook pro bootcamp
    i saw something recently about a windows 7 ice version or something like that ? thanks for the help

3. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Win 7 64 bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

It's depends what version of FLStudio your running?

If your running Fruity Loops 3, then Windows XP is my choice:bleh:

If FL Studio 12 then Win 7 Sp1

5. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

In my opinion, FL11 is your best bet with Windows 7 ultimate SP1 or win 10. Theres some performance issues they have yet to resolve in FL12, (mostly optimization). Obviously it isnt as nice to use though because it isnt vectorised but it runs smoother imo.

6. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

and let's not forget about that piece of garbage that is the plugin browser

7. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

i personally use "add channel" and not the plugin favourites system ,and to that end its the same as 11..But the actuall management of plugins now via fl 12 when scanning etc etc is way better now ive spent some time with it....

8. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

+1 to jynx, although I had some issues with the Waves VST3 wrapper when testing FL12 previously which would load wrong .dlls for x86 and x64 and generally having issues with registration and GUIs, while loading perfectly fine in 11.

According to my experience, 11.1 is the most stable version. From what I've seen (installed 12.2 yesterday after discovering bugs pretty quickly on previous 12.x versions), they've changed the plug-in browser (since 12.1?) and it also doesn't seem to ask whether you want legacy browser or the new ones during the installation. It's more like in 11 now and search is integrated. I think I prefer it like this... The previous ones were confusing to set up and involved a couple unnecessary extra steps (which you can still access in "Manage plug-ins..." and you probably can still set it up like before but I haven't bothered to look, as I like the default now).

Edit: You can make the channel column exactly like in 11 by checking the "Simple list" option.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  9. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yeah dont get me wrong thers still some niggles n stuff with 12.2 but its leaps n bounds apart from the initial release..I couldnt even use it and continued with my trusted version 11 until such time as it became more dare i say "usable for the masses"
    Ive noticed a considerable difference in sample audition/loading times, and if youre like me then youre constantly auditioning various samples mid track composition and a 7 second "intermittent" delay between selection and actuall audio being heard is a wind up but the pros for me now with 12.2 outweigh the cons but theres some irritating problems for myself and other guys on win 7 runin 64bit platform..........im wafling sorry.......Btw i cant get anything from waves to run at all which is a right ol shame mann!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  10. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Win10. Apple always have the best driver support for the latest OS.

11. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

why don't you run the os x version ? :woot:

12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

My lesbian friend who makes EDM and Death Metal [yes you read this right] uses FL 11.1 on Win7Sp1x64. She must know what works best. :winker:

She's also quite cute... :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Lesbians are mostly cute... :)

14. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

If you want the most "stable" go for FL 11.1.1
    If you like fancy GUIs and latest "experimental" features then v12.2.x is your best bet

Personally, if i was you i would have used v11 on bootcamp until a native final version is released for mac :yes: