Best web browser currently?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Bunford, Oct 18, 2024 at 4:57 PM.

1. Neponset

Neponset Ultrasonic

I used opera for years and loved it for the little things (click tab to go to top, currency conversion on selection, clipping images, upload from clipboard, vpn, etc) and then all of a sudden it would just randomly not load pages. I tried everything to fix it but couldn't, so I reluctantly went to firefox. It's fine for now. I guess opera is more interested in shoving AI into the browser than fixing bugs.

2. dondada

dondada Rock Star

3. Radio

Radio Producer

Hello dondada, the Engine is: " Gecko "
    Gecko is a browser engine developed by Mozilla. It is used in the Firefox browser, the Thunderbird email client, and many other projects.

4. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

i use Safari and Firefox

5. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

on mac, firefox then brave. but each has it's own plusses and minuses so results will vary. not a fan of safari or chrome so much..

6. stopped

stopped Platinum Record

depending on what kind of security you're looking for, Tor can be one of the worst choices

7. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Tor hasn't been safe for long time.. every tech gets cracked or fooled as time goes by and processing power keeps getting better, not to forget about the development in AI and machine learning..

8. Radio

Radio Producer

The Opera browser has a free VPN, if you really don't want to be tracked use VPN yourself, Tor users are more likely to be the target of all secret services. Ask Edward Snowden, he knows something like that!