Best way to upgrade Reason?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by 4096, Aug 18, 2024.

1. 4096

4096 Platinum Record

I have 12. I want 13, but $199 or $167 on jrr is a lot right now. Does anyone know when the sales happen? Black friday possibly? I am just wondering how long to wait till it reaches around $80 and will it even reach that?

It's just on macOS the white bar at the top of the window in dark mode really annoys me, they fixed it in 13. Polytone sounds good, Ripley is great too, but I would just like to see a lower price. I'm not a Reason old-head and I kinda prefer the top bar with different buttons they introduced instead of the old headers on which you had to click. Insta-buy if it was $49, but I guess that's wishful thinking.

Maybe someone bought an upgrade license, but didn't use it? Probably a long shot, but maybe you'd sell it to me in that case.

3. grrarrrgh

grrarrrgh Newbie

Yes, I’d like to know, got savings specifically to upgrade to 13 or get another annual subscription after it expired…

4. 4096

4096 Platinum Record

I think based off of the questionnaire they did on reasontalks - since a lot of people decided not to upgrade they might do a heavy discount on BF. At least I hope so.

5. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

They do sales two or three times per year. BF, Xmas, Spring-ish. However, they may not include the upgrade in the next BF sale because it is so recent. JRR Shop is usually the cheapest route, use GROUP or FORUM or GROUPBUYAUTO as discount codes. I'm in the UK so the dollar exchange rate affects it too.