Best way to update 5.3 to 5.6 on OSX 10.9.4

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Sirius_Is-The_Key, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Sirius_Is-The_Key

Sirius_Is-The_Key Newbie

Hello guys,

I'm a newfag here, I just discovered Audiosex when I was searching answers about Kontakt 5 on Google and I think I'm gonna stay here for a while.

I already searched & read some topics, I can perhaps imagine what you gonna say but I prefer to be sure before trying something.

I have builded my hackintosh 2 years ago now and I'm with a cracked Kontakt Player 5.3.137 under OS X 10.9.4.

I use it with just 5 or 6 library.

Everything was fine until now, I just downloaded some new SampleLogic library because I love and use regularly Arpology. I wanna try others library from the same company but my Kontakt Player is too old to load it.

Since 2 years, I have made a lot of recording that I can't lost with K5, I was wondering what is the best way to upload my Kontakt Player under my version of OS X ?

I don't remember the cracked version for 5.3 but for the 5.6, I just downloaded the "FIXED" k'ed.
    There's "Kontakt_5_541_Mac.dmg" (a 5.4 install) & "Kontakt_5_560U_Mac.dmg" (a 5.6 update from 5.4)

Do I erase everything and do a clean install of 5.4 and update to 5.6 or I can try to install from 5.3 and erase/update with that 5.4 dmg and update to 5.6 ?

And btw, if someone could explain clearly how to clean a old K5 install correctly under OSx if that’s needed or link a recent topic on the subject.
    I have found some topics about that but from 2012, I dunno if something has changed or is specific to OS X 10.9.
    After looking a little I don't think so, but we can't never be sure.

Thanks in advance, I hope I could have some good time here with you guys :)