best vst 4 electric/jazz guitar??

Discussion in 'Software' started by albedo067, Feb 9, 2012.

1. albedo067

albedo067 Noisemaker

hi friends....how is the best vsti
    for playing good sound of eletric and jazz guitar??
    write yours suggestion here :wink:

3. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Most versatile, usable and realistic electric guitar product for me is Musiclab's RealLPC. Features that classic Les Paul sound with playing aids for everything imaginable. Vir2's Electri6ity also offers a set of 8 electric guitars, each one with different characteristics. I prefer RealLPC because Vir2 fails at delivering tone customization, the product claims to offer multiple picking positions and pickup selection but it seems they haven't actually sampled these separately and attempt to deliver these using effects and sample manipulation.

4. mile15

mile15 Kapellmeister

For best electric guitar sound i think same like "Threadkiller" says.

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I used to use RealLPC a lot. It was my goto for clean guitar before the amp sim in my chain. Now I use the Orange Tree's Strawberry. This is a Kontakt library, and not a vsti. It sounds a lot more authentic than RealLPC to me. It also has different double tracked samples already in it too. This is the best I have used so far. For metal type guitars I use the shreddage lib in kontakt. It has great pinch harmonics and goes down to a low g.

What I really like about the strawberry lib is the strum sequencer. You can pre-program your different "custom" strum patterns to the keyswitches, and change them on the fly. Unlike RealLPC where they are uneditable and changing them requires clicking around in their strum manager.

But, because these are "clean" guitars, youll need to use an amp sim in the chain after them.

These are the best I have found so far.
    --
    sG

6. mouse

mouse Member

I didn't know that VST 4 was out yet? :thumbsup:

7. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Electri6ity was actually made with Jazz guitar / classic rock in mind. It's actually quite annoying to get it to play for more except the Les Paul DI.

However a big thumbs down on Electri6ity for articulations. The slides are horrible, as said above tone customization is just altering the sample, bends & harmonics work poorly, etc etc etc. Electri6ity is good but you have to pair it with something else to get all the articulations you need.

As for
    How does V-Metal handle? it sounds freaking awesome in demo's but Prominy has let me down before.