Best Vocal Harmonizer Plugin

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by GoldenEar, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Tjan
    Thanks for the detailed reaponse... i almost bought a voicelive extreme last year.. had to put that on hold for budgetary reasons... Hope to plunge into it sometime soon... :)

2. GoldenEar

GoldenEar Ultrasonic

Thank you guys for all the response. This is why I love this forum. You guys are awesome! :)

3. Alchemy

Alchemy Kapellmeister

As mentioned by others, the TC Helicon is the way to go. Check out the different products on their site and find what fits you the best. Pulling back on the volume of the harmony-voices the realism increases as lots of the factory presets are fairly wet in the mix. They also include different effects, their own autotune-effect and looper possibilities. Several videos online show off presets making most of them sound artificial. There are, however, a lot of better prepared demos that really shine. I have connected a TC Helicon directly into my audio interface and recorded guitar and vocals live. Depending on the mic-type you use the amount of bleed in will be noticeable. On the other hand it is possible to record vocals only. A lot of the Helicons have built-in mics that pick up room instruments helping the harmonies fit your playing in real time. This means, if you play through a TC Helicon Play Acoustic and your guitar is a bit flat the harmonies automatically aligns with that pitch. This is brilliant and extremely useful in a lot of ways. Along with software connectivity you can obviously store your own settings and transfer them to and from your device. TC even makes their own mics with buttons to enable different settings whilst singing by pushing specific buttons. The same goes for the floor pedal-models where you activate harmonies at will. The TC Helicon Extreme is the largest unit with tons of effects, for instance, Hall of Fame Reverb, Flashback Delay, Overdrives etc. There are almost endless possibilities to tweak your settings both for live and studio environments. When it comes to realistic sounding harmonies, these are tough to beat at the moment.

Go check them out for yourselves, you will not regret it.