Best solution (so far) for the X570 chipset fan

Discussion in 'PC' started by taskforce, Feb 15, 2020.

1. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

A little something new caught my attention. While surfing ekwb's website i stumbled upon this:
    https://www.ekwb.com/news/chipset-water-block-for-the-x570-aorus-motherboards/
    So for anyone wondering about the small chipset fan on the X570 mobos, be sure there 'll be more of chipset blocks for other mobo brands too. But it may even fit other mobos already :)
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

hmm I wonder if water block driven by "noisy" pump and cooled through radiators with "noisy" high-pressure fans is overall worth it?
    (no hate here, genuinely curious)
    :unsure:

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

I understand np man.
    You have to try hard to find a noisy pump nowadays. Same goes for fans too, since everything is user controllable to preference. I mean even a mobo like the B450 MSI Tomahawk MAX which is a ~100 euro mobo, has a header for the pump. Pump speeds show up on the BIOS for you to control. So for the build now.
    Something like an expandable semi open loop like the Fractal Design Celcius 360 is excellent for such an all around semi custom build. You unscrew one of the two tubes, drain the liquid from the Celcius, add a reservoir, some tubing and fittings, install a gpu water block and cool the cpu, gpu and chipset with the 360 and maintain temps of 45 to 50-ish Celsius and noise levels at 24-28db (in a closed case @ 1 meter, ~32db @ 10 cms open case), always depending on which speeds you prefer for the fans , i always go for silent operation first and anything i can achieve better perhaps with no noise. Changing the fans to something like classic Noctuas will bring the temps 2-3 degrees lower but not needed imho, the system will operate silently even under oc.
    :)
    PS: Adding a water block to a gpu may also save space for some additional pci-e card. Since after modding the gpu takes a one space slot.
    PS2: There is also the very tempting solution of a ready for liquid GPU if one opts for an all new build. Like the Power Color Liquid Devil

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020