Best DJ Software For Mixing Classic Disco

Discussion in 'general discussion' started by TonyG, Jul 2, 2017.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I manually beat map spoken word acapellas all the time. Real acapellas, not studio vox stems. Theyre always drifting. I just make a new warp/cue point to reset the grid when necessary. Same thing you have to do in a song where they have a tempo slow down and build up in the breakdowns.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  2. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

That's true. I'm DJ-ing since 17 years ago only, used technics, then CDJs then traktor then pioneers nex, and traktor only for small jams/backup. But if I were a dj with 30 years of experience, playing vinyl my entire life I'd just hook traktor or serato to technnics use a combo of timecode and my own vinyl and call it a day. For radio shows mix straight in ableton live and call it a day. I simply never met a dj with such big experience (allegedly) to act so amateurish when it comes to it's own job.

3. TonyG

TonyG Guest

You are the one who needs to smoke something to calm your nerves down. You dont need all that yelling and profanity to make a point. If what you just said applies to Disco how come that the users of Traktor in the NI forum are having difficulties when attempting to mix Disco with Traktor? And i have never said that Traktor can not do it. I said that TRAKTOR is NOT able to do it with ALL songs.

4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

And this is how we do it.
    You just got to premap out your tracks. Thats all

5. robotboy

robotboy Producer

Why so cranky? Did you lose your gold plated razor blade?

6. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

@subGENRE nice to see you! and get out of this thread asap, crazy ppl :hahaha: ..kidding! Enjoying the summer? Or working on something new..? :wink:

7. TonyG

TonyG Guest

This is the last time I will reply to your irrelevant answer and personal attack and i do so in order to give you a better perspective on this thread and any other thread to reply to. The theme of this thread was and still is "The best software for mixing classic disco" This thread's original intention was not to become a tutorial on how to mix Disco songs. Finally, I surely do not need Serato nor Traktor nor Timecode to mix any genre and neither Ableton which I have and does a great job. Mixing vinyl is an art that can only be kept alive by staying away from technology. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and limit your replies to the original thread's intention or start a thread of your own.

8. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Better yet, the best software for mixing drifting songs (other genres have this issue too).

And the answer is Ableton Live. Topic closed.

9. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Always working on something. Im 70+ tracks in on the new one already, About to start mixing it now.
    I used to dj my own tracks sans basslines/leads/arp and improvise/play them live. No time for fist pumping, lol. I was stumped the first time I had to disable and reenable a grid to keep a tempo but now its just a method to get the work done. Cool thing about ableton is you can extract a groove and warp to that, plus set the sensitivity/strength of the warp too.
    As a wise pimp once said "You gotta slow your roll, and know your stroll.":bow:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. TonyG

TonyG Guest

ROBOTBOY I may be cranky but it is out of frustration. I dont know why members here love to deviate from the thread's original theme and intention instead of starting their own threat. It seems that some members are just waiting for a new thread to start putting the OP down. I have not been the only victim of this type of behavior and dont know why is allowed.

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Hey buddy, Im just telling you that you got to get your hands dirty is all. Automagical isnt all its cracked up to be sometimes. Im out. Good luck, read some manuals. Thats how I figured it all out.

12. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

^^This is mocking and a DIRECT insult apropo a member. Calling members A-holes is a DIRECT insult.. Calling outer rings of a Technics CDJs "FUCKIN' OUTER RINGS" is an insult to a piece of whatever material. Got the difference..? Yes I think somebody should report you. But I wont be wasting my time, unless.. Instead I will politely ask you to end any communication with me.

13. TonyG

TonyG Guest

ROBOTBOY I may be cranky but it is out of frustration. I dont know why members here love to deviate from the thread's original theme and intention instead of starting their own threat. It seems that some members are just waiting for a new thread to start putting the OP down. I have not been the only victim of this type of behavior and dont know why is allowed.

14. TonyG

TonyG Guest

You are not telling me anything new. LOL. I use Ableton Live and was asking what other software DJs are using for mixing Disco tracks during their sets. You told me what you do but you FAILED to tell me what you use to do it. And that was the original question.

15. TonyG

TonyG Guest

When a member starts a thread and other members decide to deviate from the thread's original theme and start insulting and attacking the other member personally and professionally, those members need to realize that NOBODY has to put put up with their crap. Act like an A-hole and you will be treated like one. Simple as that. Don't cry wolf after you fire the first shot because then you become a bitch. Teaming up with your buddy from the site to attack and attempt to ridicule a member makes you a whore.

16. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i liike Ableton Life

[​IMG]

17. BudSpencer

BudSpencer Producer

I understand nada, zilch, nothing about live mixing. But one thing that I understand EVEN LESS is: WHY each and every thread, topic and post on this forum eventually derails into an ugly altercation? (Name calling is so frequent around here that maybe we should incorporate it in the Rules, as an obligation).

18. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Jesus.... Some of these threads are "special" if I might say. :facepalm::facepalm:

19. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I fail to see why classic disco (I assume you mean 70's disco) requires special treatment. What kind of answer are you expecting since we're on page three and you still are not satisfied with anything anybody has suggested? Contributors have provided extensive lists of DJ software, others lists of DAW's and still we are left wondering why you feel unsatisfied with the replies you have been given. I'd have to say your question is based on a flawed premise. There is no such thing as "disco specific software"

20. robotboy

robotboy Producer

Going off on the people who are trying to help you doesn't do much to prevent any of this.