Best Service - Convolution Space.

Discussion in 'Software' started by crichton13, Sep 4, 2011.

1. crichton13

crichton13 Newbie

I realise that in the big scheme of things that CS is quite old now but after weeks of waiting, I've managed to source and download Disk 1 (D2 was relatively speaking a doddle to obtain - VMT Mykal once again!).

I've had an initial tinker but was interested to know others thoughts/feelings on the Product?

If anybody still uses it of course!!

JC.

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I have it.. never really found a use for it.. I suppose some nice lifters could be manufactured from some of the patches, otherwise , in most music genres, seems pretty redundant..

What are u using it for? Its all a bit cinematic for my use.

4. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

I'm a big fan of ambient-type libraries, but I don't think Convolution Space is very good, honestly. If you're doing straight up ambient tracks, you mind find it somewhat useful, but most of the sounds are rather dated and generic, in my opinion. You'd be much better off with something like Zero-G's Dark Skies or Outer Limits.

5. crichton13

crichton13 Newbie

I only use it for personal use and yes - I like to play around with cinematic/theme music which is why I got it.

And I've tried Dark Skies and outer limits which are both very good.

After further tinkering I tend to agree with One Reason now - it's a little 'dated'...

JC

6. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

i saw there was an 8G librarie coming with it....so sound/tone wise, how does it compare with other more modern synth IYO? (I mean by that, trillian, omnisphere and the likes that are also capable of spacey textures and sounds)

7. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Ive actually just got rid of it after some more playing with it.. rather have the 8 gigs.