Best Samplers around?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Rolma, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Hello,
    In my workflow samplers aren't very present. I don't know very well this area. Other thing really bothers me is the slicing ....(recycle)
    Sometimes I use Stylus Remix but is very moody and hard to program so the results tend to be odd.
    Also I've tried Reaktor Rolodecks a much more cooler engine,offering an accurate control, even harder to program also within Reaktor (I guess; meaning more CPU consume)
    I had a period in which Stutter was WOW, but is more a FX than a sampler.
    I think once or twice I used EXS 24, but in this terrain the results were pathetic.
    Which are the best samplers around? What do you use?

3. svmiller

svmiller Newbie

Ableton live's Simpler :wink:

4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Simpler will only help her if she uses ableton.

Hi Rolma :wave:

Are you on Win or OSX?

What are you looking for in a sampler?

Something just to trigger one shot samples?

Or something deeper that can handle libraries and scripting?

I use the drum rack in ableton as my main sampler,
    but when Im working in reaper and want something simple to play one-shots/drum samples. I use Poise, on windows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWeIpLtSCDE

Imageline SliceX is good too. They've combined edison and fruity slicer as one plugin. Its also available as a vst

--
    subGENRE

5. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I'm on OSX, a situation one of these days hopefully I'll change because I have the intention of getting a Hackintosh soon, for fully enjoy both worlds with less constrains!

I'm looking a sort of Kontakt, but easier. It's not for drums what I have in mind.
    Specially I don't handle well layering the samples and the pitch change etc, but I like a lot the retriggering a sound.
    I don't know I'll spend couple of hours playing with Kontakt...

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

hm, Im not sure about osx. Sorry I couldnt help you more.

Have you tried battery from NI? It might be what youre looking for. Its alot easier to program than Kontakt. Give battery a try!

7. svmiller

svmiller Newbie

Yes, I know... It's what I use. I wasn't recommending it, per se, but answering the other question about what do we use. I use simpler, because I like it and use ableton. I don't know about samplers, so I didn't recommend anything just because I don't know about them.

Cheers! :wink:

8. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I took a look to Maschine...GoD!!!!
    @ S.von Miller
    I use Live and Logic deppends on my mood, sometimes both together..so it was a usefull tip :wink:

9. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Kontakt 5 works grate for me on mac that's all i use

10. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Agreed...I see the point, Kontakt is robust: the envelopes and modulators are really accurate,
    able to layer multi-samples, wave editor, velocity truncation, effects, scripting...graphically unbeatable ... The holly Grail of sampling with hundreds of libraries around.
    Still I think that Kontakt is hard if you want your own sounds.
    You can really sit hours until you get a decent piece of sound, at least this is my experience working from my own audio files not from a library.
    Is there any good sampler, a magic one with arpegiators, randomizing functions etc.?