Best plugins with the lowest CPU consumption (divided by category)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nicky, May 9, 2019.

1. Nicky

Nicky Newbie

Hi AudioSex,

I have been working for years in music production, like so many people here, I believe that each of us tries to get the best from DAW and plugins. We often talk about the "best" plugins in circulation, but the question I ask myself is ... what are the best but also the lightest, with the lowest CPU/resources consumption? (default DAW plugin excluded).

example..just an example:

BEST COMPRESSOR
    -Slate Digital (FG 116 / FG-A)
    -Fabfilter Pro C2 .
    (BEST FOR CPU)
    -Waves CLA Classic
    -Softube Weiss Comp.

Write the best 5/10 for each category (including the latest innovative plugins like Spiff/Soothe/smart Eq2/Gullfoss etc)
    (Best Compressor, Best Delay, Best Reverb etc..., and classify them for the lowest CPU / resource consumption, obviously proportioned based on the power of the plugin)

I would like to optimize my work, and it would be really useful for me.
    what do you think? it can be useful? ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

I do not think this will be useful because if one says the Slate fg mu is the best and another one says the plugin alliance vsc2 is the best the last one wins but what do they have to do with each other? :dunno:

It's basically "name a plugin".

4. Vexed

Vexed Ultrasonic

On the contrary... I would also really like to see what plugins people recommend on a category basis, based on efficiency of CPU consumption and other system resources :wink:

5. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I made a sheet for Reverbs & Gates. CPU consumption is best represented by figures, not by ordinal/rating.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CeAWeow2F-7ldjoFI4sdtJFvBdGZ1tFEKkjO/pubhtml#

As a general guide, DAW builtin plugs will use the least CPU. Everyone loves to *arez Fabfilter, but you're paying in CPU for the fancy GUI, even when it's closed. Same for most other big-name plugs. Anywhere from 2-10x CPU of builtin plugs.

6. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

The most lightest and the best for free, plus audio quality is about from good to super excellent - Airwindows.