Best OSX App for Cleaning iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by ltjbukum, Jun 18, 2014.

1. ltjbukum

ltjbukum Member

Hiya all - My copy of TuneInstructor recently quit working. I am now on the hunt for a comparable product that will delete entries to tracks that no longer exist in my iTunes library. Running 10.8.5.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a program that will do that trick and others as needed? Would appreciate freeware or something that does not put me out of pocket, but will pay if needed.

Many thanks in advance.

s.

https://soundcloud.com/douglasgrimm

3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

All you need…

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

God I hate iTunes, if there is ever an indication of how shitty Apple software is then it's right here. :bleh:

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

how to clean up itunes:

drag&drop into this:

[​IMG]

such an useless app.

had to use it for the iPad i got for free. :dunno:

6. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Try Onyx. It's basically Glary Utilities for OSX ... and just like Glary, it's free (and without the prompts to upgrade to the "professional version").

7. ontariobeef

ontariobeef Newbie

might be slightly ot..., but I was wondering: what do you guys hate so much about itunes?

8. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

My beef with iTunes is that is takes ALL your music... and IT decides how to organize it for you...

If you wish to organize your folders by something work related such as "Strip club #12 rotation" and "Standard Wedding tunes" etc... you can not...

That is because it juggles your hard drive files... and YES... you can create such playlists INSIDE iTunes called "Strip club #12 rotation" and "Standard Wedding tunes" etc...

But who really does gigs using the iTunes player ?

We want to get SOME music with iTunes... but manage it in other APPS... it just.... maybe iTunes is simply THINKING DIFFERENT :dancing:

9. Demon

Demon Producer

AND hardware, you forgot to mention the hardware.

10. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

love itunes :) cant stand savadious's point - i oranize the content as i want/need it. best of all is the hits/rating sync among other devices - so far i dont know any other library that matches my need the way itunes does. manage music/muvid/tut/ebook/pdf/apps with it - all is fine. the autoplaylists/intelligent playlists are superb too. :thumbsup:

as my multimedia content is stored on a network share it would be a really bad idea to clean "missing" stuff ^^ rebuilding the collection would be PITA!

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

iTunes is the biggest piece of bloatware on this planet. I could go into about a million reasons I hate it but that would take too long so let's go with:

1) It's slow.

2) It's buggy.

3) You can't have all your content on another partition. You could possibly move music and movies but I believe apps stays on the install drive wasting valuable space. Why can't I simply install iTunes on D?

4) Artwork is idiotically stored in their little bullshit proprietary format, the better to control you with.

5) They just removed cover flow which was probably the only thing I liked about it.

And the list goes on...

12. RAIN_MAN

RAIN_MAN Newbie

Haha yeah wish there was a option to itunes on mac.