Best orchestral vst with small file size?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Niruvana, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

i do use nexus strings at times when i don't need heavy gb's sounds just to have a nice string in the background as long as it's nothing super serious u can get away with it .......

2. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

so many options i would say choose the one that fits your project dont' go too cheap tho then u going into some shit that u most likely don't wont to experience i would say stay up in the range of Synful and the Orchestra Complete 3 or Swam or Sonivox

3. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

And do they work from under other DAWs? For example, I have Acoustica Mixcraft installed, but never use it, still Bandlab successfully uses all the VST and instruments from Mixcraft

4. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

No, they are specific to Ableton Live and Logic. They aren't generic VSTs / AUs, but coupled to these DAWs.

5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

pretty impressed with Synful. im actually sampling libraries for fixed/freezed use as samplepacks to run independently of kontakt etc, less clutter less choices better workflow. To use in my daw and also in standalone use on a mpc, so i have to make compromises anyhow with articulation layers etc.

I want to have a selection of true fine samples or organic instruments similar to what was used in disco productions and late 70s, early 80s, Quincy Jones type of sound.

So im starting to go through stock libraries in Studio One and going all the way to Logic and then checking the bigger Kontakt monsters that sometimes are not that useful.

As long as you are not into producing actual orchestral music the dry sounds (instruments cant be sampled with fx) they sound all pretty the same many times, and sometimes first dry can you hear the actual flexibility and easy of use of the particular sampled instrument.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual