Best Mini Keyboard $299 and under!

Discussion in 'Studio' started by TruBlood, Nov 24, 2017.

1. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

Looking for a producer style keyboard - Mini one that is great for producing in ableton. Something that works great with ableton. 299$ or less.

3. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

if you are truly looking for a controller with mini-keys, i think they're all priced around $100. and pretty much every 25-key controller with standard keys is less than $299.

personally, i would go with this one:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPK225

[​IMG]

4. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Hm, if you want some more keys and less functions, you can take the M-Audio Keystation 81, which is at under 200$.
    Otherwise I can recommend the M-Audio Axiom Air 49 and if you want to go a little more "high end",
    you could take a look at the M-Audio Code 49 (yes, i like M-Audio).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But these are Midi keyboards. If you're looking for keyboards with own sound, I can't help much.

6. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Even Alesis VI61 is under that price... great keyboard with piano weight keys, I'm using it...

7. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

well, he said he wanted a "mini" style keyboard so i was trying to stick with something small. but yeah, of course you can find bigger keyboards with more features and still stay in his price range.

8. MichaelPatterson

MichaelPatterson Kapellmeister

I caution against buying anything M-Audio. They have an unfortunate track record of abandoning support and updates for their hardware fairly early into a product's lifespan.

Akai > M-Audio, in my opinion (I know inMusic owns both now, but I've had to deal with customer service for items from both manufacturers before and Akai's people were helpful while M-Audio's all but ignored me).

9. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

my first midi controller was an m-audio axiom 25. i had the same experience as you. support was non-existent.

10. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

I ended up going with the novation launchkey 25. Thanks guys I had fun looking at all these awesome keyboards.

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

you own this one? heard there were some issues with it locking up.. midi out issues, not working in Logic... etc.
    no problems for you ?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. mono

mono Audiosexual

I picked up a M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 second hand for 100 bucks
    have it now for over 5 years and still works find,best buy i ever made :keys:

13. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

I bought a launchkey mini a while back...
    Heck, I wish it had a modwheel!

14. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

I didn't own it but a friend did and it doesn't seem that he had any issue with it.
    I personally owned a (very old) Roland Pc-200 MK2, which I got for 70€ on ebay (like 12 years ago)
    and a M-Audio Keystation 81 as well as a M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card and I never had any problem.

15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah M-Audio stuff is a bit hit and miss I have some USB mics.. all fine for what they are.
    2 49 keystations.. perfect for casual use.. super light... also the keystation 88 , nice action
    and an Axiom 25 that I got for $30 used.. and promptly went to the BSOD ..so I will have to do some soldering to sort that :snuffy:

16. burgvogt

burgvogt Kapellmeister

My choice is a novation impulse25 for recording sketches on the road and I am quite happy with it, nothing missing that you would expect of a decent midi keyboard.