best impulse responses? i'm looking for some

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by petrrr, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

2. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

I've sifted through, downloaded bundles and saved links with downloads of single stuff for later in my production info folder to DL later. Thanks for linking that gigantic compilation, must've taken alot of work. Very grateful he has.

In the listing there was this link to PastToFutureReverbs which on Gumroad which I think really deserves a shout of his own for providing such niche & obscure content while keeping his pricing fair. Alot of people on Gumroad in general deserve the business they get, this one's no exception. Thanks reminding me about this. https://pasttofuturereverbs.gumroad.com

3. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

I am not so familiar with the different hall species .
    I know that a convolution reverb works with impulse responses.
    Which VST do you prefer to use to load your impulse responses there?

Does it make any difference which VST I use if I use third party Impulse responses anyway ?

4. stopped

stopped Producer

these things are very different:
    A) including the the IR file in a separate commercial product you sell
    B) applying an IR to a sound and including it in a commercial project

the website blocks A (as is expected, as it would involve either copyright infringement of the file or trademark infringement of Bristaci's TM)
    there's no way they even could block B legally, nor are they trying to. use the IRs however you want, it's your right!

5. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

just a heads up regarding impulse responses.
    user "tg123" posted a little series on the sister site where he bounced out ir's from several ir loaders/vst's and made them available as .wav files. he posted those about two years ago, i checked two posts and links are still up.
    you could search for "Vps Avenger (Impulse Bounce)" for example.

this is what i have, think those are all he posted:
    [​IMG]

1.6 GB altogether (packed in .rar archives)

6. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Wow! Great package.

I wish someone would bounce out / capture the impulses of any of the following plugins:
    • Eventide TVerb
    • Waves Abbey Road Chamber
    • UAD Hitsville and Capitol
    • Softube Atlantis Dual Chambers
    • IKM Sunset and Fame Studios
    Just some of the default rooms without the extra stuff the plugins offer. At its core they are really convolution reverbs / impulses, just that they cover some great sounding real recording environments.

7. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I use the Liquidsonics Reverberate3 and I have built the presets, and organized everything tied to it. It will be hard at first to understand how the browsing system work but once you understand it, it will make everything easier. What I like about it:
    - Dual Reverb/Convolution Engine
    - Fusion IR support - a lot like Slate Verbsuite but with more controls.
    - True Stereo support, automatically pick the match upon selecting one IR file.
    - SIM TS - True Stereo simulator for Stereo IR, there are Pure and Dense mode which is really good.
    - Routing option - mono to stereo, parallel stereo, cross channels etc.
    - Synthetic Early Reflection - create custom ER is among its coolest feature. Custom ER on Engine 1, then the IR on Engine 2. Or if you don't like the ER on the IR file just crop the beginning of it, keep the tail and make your own ER and finally blend them together. So much fun doing that.
    - Fine tune, Stretch, Crop the IR to perfection. The Envelope controls are dope af too to tighten the sound.
    - A lot of modulation options - this is the best part but you kinda need to know what to do and know where to stop.
    - Built-in Delay, Chorus and minimum phase EQ with Sheen control on each Engine and Bus to create some crazy FX
    - The Factory presets are already really really good especially the Fusion IR

I have a collection of presets that I've made (continuously tuned for more than a year now) by some research on the net how it really sound and get it as close as I could with the IR I've collected and use it on daily basis. I really recommend it for nerds. You wont get good custom sound out of it on the spot though, it will take time. This is stuff to play with everyday and built your IR collection around it.

st.png

the presets collection above in the pic is one of the many that I have built using IRs, this one especially are collection of known presets used by Pros mixers I learned from MWTM, Puremix, Youtube etc. I tuned them to how they use it and from demos of the hardware I found in youtube.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2023