Best Free Website Solutions For Musician

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by webhead, Sep 25, 2016.

1. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

Hi all.

I see many musician use soundcloud, orfium or wix(like) websites to show their works and portfolios. I wanna show having your own domain and building a site is not so hard. I also hope you guys share better things than mines.

After you got your domain name and host; the most simple system is setting up wordpress. I don't think it's necessary to write about purchasing a domain and host. There are many documents about those but of course you get answers if you ask about them.

I was a drupal lover years ago. But I'm with wordpress for a long time, so I suggest it. Then you'll need a theme. There is ta-music.

[​IMG]

There are build-in discography, audio track listing, events manager, videos and photo gallery. No need for any plugins.

If you don't like that theme and just wanna use a few plugins. You can select any free theme from wordpress.org/themes/ and look at those free plugins:

There are tour dates, video gallery, photo gallery, discography, playlist etc. plugins one by one.
    http://wolfthemes.com/wordpress-plugins/

They are all free and easy to use. Unfortunately, there's not much alternatives as free. But they are as good as you can see in any wordpress theme on sale. You may even take twenty sixteen theme and make it however you want by the page builder plugin.