Best Free Software for Making Music

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oysters, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

http://www.bitsonic.eu/freepack.html

BITSONIC

[​IMG]
    KEYZONE CLASSIC
    [​IMG]
    CUSTOM REVERB FREE
    [​IMG]
    M/S STEREO IMAGER LITE
    [​IMG]
    DELAY
    [​IMG]
    TB-303 BASS VSTI
    [​IMG]
    PHASER
    [​IMG]
    VOCODER
    [​IMG]
    DUAL
    [​IMG]
    MON-STER
    [​IMG]
    KEYZONE PIANO
    [​IMG]
    FREE FILTER
    [​IMG]
    MAXIMIZER
    [​IMG]
    TRANSIENT
    [​IMG]
    VCA COMPRESSOR
    [​IMG]
    SOUND RECOVERY

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

ok guys, here i gave to you forth the responsibility of this thread :) i am taking now a pause, will be working hard this year, so i hope to see soon new posts about free plugins, and will take the audience's seat. Nice thread, page 40, congrats, see you soon! <3

3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

@Mundano I hope you'll still have some fun, though and thanks for the links.

4. See you soon.

5. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

6. Ha

7. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

https://decomposer.de/sitala.html

..i can't stop sharing! i wanted to make a pause, but i was waiting for someone to build a drum sampler like this for centuries. I had to share this:

[​IMG]

sitala-alpha.mp4

Sitala is a free drum plugin and standalone app.
    Sitala's beauty is its simplicity: its four knobs allow you to dial in anything from glitchy micro-house to pumping techno.
    Interested in becoming a beta tester?
    Sitala is currently in alpha / beta testing and would love your feedback!

[​IMG] Join our Facebook beta testers group
    [​IMG] Follow us on Twitter
    [​IMG]
    Join our Sitala beta testers mailing list
    Downloads
    Please note, Sitala is still in alpha and as such bugs are expected. Please contact us with any issues you encounter.

Version 1.0.0 Alpha 2 (April 18, 2018)
    (12 MB)
    (21 MB)
    (15 MB)
    For Linux packages, please contact us. (Sitala builds and is tested on Linux.)

Interested in bundling Sitala?
    If you'd like to bundle or otherwise distribute Sitala, please get in touch with us!

8. You are such a lush...thanks for the share.

9. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

[​IMG]

MIA Laboratories has released a free audio effect plugin that combines a second order Butterworth Low-Pass and High-Pass filter.

More info @MIA Laboratories

10. mono

mono Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Fender Riffstation Pro. The application allows you to get chords for your own MP3s, see the chords synced with the music and use advanced tools for tempo, key transposition and looping.Riffstation Pro is available for download as a desktop app for Windows and Mac

More info @ Riffstation

12. I like that Hybrid while checking it out a little while ago today. It doesn't burn on the high end and is ok to assign modulation although it would be nice to see everything on one page with the oscillators, but it is a freebie after all. Thanks again, Mono.

13. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Mercuriall Audio Software has released of WS-1, a free stereo chorus effect plugin for Windows and Mac. The WS-1 chorus is a free download for 64-bit Windows and Mac in VST/AU/AAX plugin formats.

More info @ Mercuriall Audio Software

14. And a whole lot of other preamps and IRs also! All for FREE!

15. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

hi guys.. it has been a while, now im posting some and disappear again!

16. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

https://zynaptiq.com
    https://www.zynaptiq.com/subspace/subspace-downloads/

Introducing SUBSPACE - Essential Reverb (and free, too)
    [​IMG]
    Hannover, May 25th, 2018: We're happy to introduce SUBSPACE.

SUBSPACE is a super-lush sounding, and totally streamlined reverb plugin.

It is based on the allpass reverb module found in our acclaimed MORPH 2, WORMHOLE and ADAPTIVERB plugins, and features just two (!!) controls: a switch that selects one of four presets – aptly named A, B, C and Z – and a dry-wet control.

Adding (inter-)stellar reverb to your sound was never easier! SUBSPACE is free ... and available exclusively to Zynaptiq newsletter subscribers.

To get your copy, simply opt in to our newsletter when downloading any update or trial installer – for example the trial for our flagship reverb ADAPTIVERB, or even SUBSPACE itself (time-travel paradox FTW!) - or when registering a plugin. Then, confirm your subscription when you receive your confirmation link per email. We'll then send you your copy of SUBSPACE. That's it.

SUBSPACE Download
    To download the latest version of SUBSPACE, please fill in the form below. You will then receive a download URL per email shortly. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk, all other fields are optional and serve only to help us improve our software. You can review our privacy policy here. Please note that the email is sent from a database, and that some SPAM filters may mark it as SPAM - so please check your junk mail folder if you don't see the email within a minute or two.

To receive a free license for SUBSPACE, please register for our newsletter. You can so by selecting "Yes" for the "Newsletter" field in the form below; you will be sent a separate confirmation email. After confirming your subscription, a license will be generated and a code emailed to you.

Please Note: SUBSPACE requires a free iLok.com account for activation.

iLok.com is a third party and as such governed by their own privacy policy, available for your review at their website.

You can activate the trial or the full version to your computer or to an optional iLok 2 or 3* USB key (not included). To activate to a computer, it will need to be connected to the internet. If using an iLok2 or iLok3, you can use a different computer (that has internet access) to activate to the iLok key, then plug it into your production machine.

*Please note: the older, first generation (blue) iLok is not supported!

unsubscribe at any time without incurring any expenses other than internet connectivity fees charged by your ISP. You can review our privacy policy here.

17. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

https://hgsounds.com/product-category/free-vst-plugins/

Free VST Plugins
    Please note that all VST Plugins are 32-bit only and for Windows.

18. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

https://hgsounds.com/product/chordian-midi-sequencer/

Chordian Midi Sequencer
    [​IMG]
    Free!
    Midi Sequencer for Kontakt

Product Description
    Requires the Full version of Kontakt 5. If you like Chordian, at the moment you get Procession included as part of the Augment Group Buy. If you own Procession, there’s no need to get this it’s already included.

Chordian is a Midi Sequencer designed to work with the Kontakt 5 Midi output. It is a variation on Procession but with more of an emphasis on stacking pitches and lacks the CC implementation.

Chordian dispenses with 3 of Processions Trigger Sequencers but keeps the pitch Sequencers so that all 4 Sequences are played via a global trigger sequencer. The idea is that in Simple Mode you can easily line up all sequencers to see what is playing across the steps and it is therefore much easier to build Chord type sequences. Polyrhythmic operation is still possible however when Simple mode is switched off, except that it is just the pitches that are Polyrhythmic.

It still keeps most of the features from Procession such as the Scale Remapper, individual Length%, Velocity%, tuning capabilities, the file Browser and the Randomizers. It can even load Procession sequences using the A sequence for triggering, and on the other side Chordian presets can be loaded into Procession.

All Notes are run through the Scale Remapper which forces notes to a custom Scale which can be built over 24 semitones using the Scale keyboard, or by using one of the 80 internal Scales.

This video is for Procession but they share many features and so the walkthough is relevant to Chordian too:

19. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

https://hgsounds.com/product/singularity-lite-for-kontakt-5/

Singularity Lite for Kontakt 5
    [​IMG]
    Free!

A Slice of Destiny

Product Description

Singularity is a single Layer from Destiny the forthcoming Multi-Layer/Multi-Timbral Synth for kontakt 5. At the moment Destiny is part of the Augment Group Buy and will be unlocked at Level 6 when enough people take part. The Group Buy is just $14.99 to take part.

Singularity Lite is a fully fledged single oscillator Synthesizer which uses Raw Waveforms as the Oscillator. It has 2 Envelopes, 2 tempo clocked LFOs and a Sequencer which are all assigned through an extensive Modulation Matrix. Although Singularity is a single layer of Destiny, it still uses the 11 Layers as a Unison mode and so is good for Supersaw type sounds. All Presets can also be loaded into Destiny and vice versa.

There is also a version of Singularity that is included with Destiny, the only difference is that Singularity Lite uses a reduced number of Waveforms. Best of all, it’s free!

Features

• Oscillator which uses basic Waveforms from a selection of 28
    • Selectable Filter from an extensive choice.
    • Lofi Bit Depth and Sample rate reduction
    • Drive
    • 2 LFOs each can be Synced or un-synced
    • Volume ADSR Envelope
    • Assignable ADSR Envelope
    • General Purpose Sequencer which is assignable via the Mod Matrix and also has direct Pitch and Gate Modes.
    • LFO cross modulation
    • Extensive Modulation Matrix with 4 Sources and 8 Destinations
    • Effects Section with Delay, Reverb and Modulator (Chorus, Flanger or Phaser)
    • Unstable Effect which warbles the pitch to give an old unstable character
    • In built Preset system and Preset Browser
    • Ability to load Layers from Destiny Presets
    • Presets compatible with Destiny
    • Extensive Tuned Randomizers
    • Pitch Rescaler and a large selection of scales which are applied to the Sequencer Pitch output.
    • Requires the full version of Kontakt 5

20. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=505176

Fluctuate Midi Plugin Beta

HG Sounds (Andy) has released Fluctuate Midi Plugin Beta, his first free VST/AU plug-in after many years. Fluctuate allows applying Random velocity offsets & Random Pitch Bend to incoming Midi Data and passes it to the output, it also allows re-mapping to another Midi Channel + more other features.
    It’s available as VST for Windows x64/x32 and as a VST and Audio Unit for MAC.

You can download it for Windows here: http://hgsounds.com/VST/Fluctuate Beta WIN.zip
    For Mac here: http://hgsounds.com/VST/Fluctuate MAC VST AU.zip

from KVR:
    [​IMG]by Astralp; Mon May 21, 2018 2:48 pmFluctuate a VST/AU Midi Plug-in Beta Thread

As you may know I've begun working with JUCE over the last few weeks to begin creating VST Instruments. I'm making good progress finally and have been working primarily on building an infrastructure to use with all future plug-ins which implements all of the essential features I like to have. So far I have:
    • 1: Preset/Load and save in XML utilizing a Bank/Preset system which mirrors the File structure where they are stored. New Banks can be created, Presets are always saved to the currently selected Bank at the moment.
      2: A theme manager based on 4 colours which can be edited in real-time and saved/loaded as a preset.
      3: A Randomize Customization System with the ability to set min/max/enable and probability for each parameter (probability is still to be implemented). These can also be saved/Loaded as Presets.
      4: An Information Bar which displays hover Help as well as values fro the current Slider. Help can be disabled from the File menu.
      5: Vector based System that can be resized by dragging the bottom corner.
      6. Global Randomizer and a Global Default, the Global Default can be saved using the current settings at any time.

It's still work in progress and may possibly change in the future but it's a great stating point so far. I haven't really done much with custom graphics yet, I may look into importing SVG's for the Knobs and Sliders which would open the door to custom skinning but that may be further into the future.

So I have made a plug-in whilst building the system which is fairly basic in what it does but I think will be useful to many people. Coming from Cubase I used to make lots of use of the Randomize Velocity to add subtle variation to Midi notes and this is one of the functions of Fluctuate:

• * The Plug-in takes Midi Input and Passes it through after using the Selected functions.
      * Random Velocity - Takes the incoming Midi Velocity and adds a random positive or negative value based on the amount setting and passes it to the output.
      * Random Pitch Bend - Adds a Random Pitch bend Message by the selected Amount to each outgoing Note.
      * Channel Remap - Changes the Midi Channel from whatever Channel is incoming to the Selected Channel. Setting it to Zero is Off.
      * CC1/CC2 Sections - Selecting a CC ID you can directly take control of a Control Change using the CC Base Knob which can be also be automated. The Random Amount will send a positive random Value added to the Base Value with each Note on. In the video I use CC1 to control the Modulation Wheel which is mapped to Pitch to easily her what's going on. If the CC ID parameter is zero then it is disabled.

It's a free Plug-in and initially in VST format for Windows 32/64 bit (although I haven't tested the 32 bit version very much). It should copy the presets folder automatically when first launched to your My Documents folder. I'm keen to hear back regarding any problems with this method. If it does fail see below.

Download Fluctuate for Windows x64/x32
    Download Fluctuate VST/AU for MAC (min 10.7)

-----------------------------

Hopefully it will auto install but if it fails to copy the folder to My Documents do the following:

1. Create a Folder called 'Homegrown Sounds' in My Documents/Documents Folder.

2. Copy the 'Fluctuate' folder from the 'Install Data' Folder located next to the plug-in.

3. Paste it into the Director you created in step 1.