Best Free Software for Making Music

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oysters, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

@Mundano wow, Loads of stuff to checkout. The Linux application for user's seems pretty awesome, Also those WildFrontear standalones and pluggo runtime based plugins appeal if I we're a MAC user along with that tool that allows to open/use any PC VST plugs in OSX by PlugWire, That is a sick tool if it is stable. HISE on paper and looks is impressive for sure. The stripped down free version of Neutron by iZotope is pretty damned useful for dialling in stuff really quickly on a rough mix and the return of Vinyl is great, It is one of those plugins that I rarely use but for the occasions which I do, It is just ideal at what it does.
    @ehrwaldt-kunzlich, Nice one for the Sonic Anomaly head's up, Plenty to get trying out from them and also cheers @Exidus for the SmackLabs head's up, I'll be giving them a go later.

Catch you all again soon hopefully if I come across anything or anyone else does :wink:

2. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

yeah, good stuff there. ATM im working ONLY with free software, free sound banks, free samples, and i can say i feel me free! :rofl: I'm working for a Performance in Berlin, and it is awesome all the creativity you can put into with only free resources.

3. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

thx @Death Thash Doom for reminding me of airwindows.
    dunno why i didn't try them properly earlier.
    just finished watching almost all of his description videos. awesome stuff.
    i like that controls don't have your standard names (i.e. attack, release, etc for a compressor type unit),
    so you have to just try and listen to find the sweet spots.

4. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

ok, but why using Free when you can use Cracked ?

5. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

the challenge of making GOOD music without needing to buy expensive stuff and needing to use ilegal software!

6. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

hmm sure, but this is a warez forum ...

7. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

not at all

8. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

9. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

10. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

11. Darwin (the website) has fallen down and he can't get up. Maybe later.

12. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

it's up!

13. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

Sound Design

The Music and Sound Design Platform
    http://musicsdp.com/
    http://musicsdp.com/download-music-sdp/

WHAT IS MUSIC_SDP?
    The Music and Sound Design Platform is free music software that introduces a new approach to making electronic and electro-acoustic music. Music_SDP uses many of the same tools and processes that are found in your favorite music software, but introduces a new paradigm for exploring sounds, performing songs, and writing electro-acoustic compositions. Inspired by the way guitarists connect effects together on pedal boards, Music_SDP allows synthesizers, file manipulators, filters, and effects to be created, crafted, and combined in a linear or non-linear fashion. Processes in Music_SDP are loaded into modules, and pedal boards can be built to accommodate any number of modules. Modules can send and receive signals from and to each other in any combination, and can even be connected across pedal boards! Modules can be controlled in real-time by the user directly or scores and automator boards can be created to automate the changes. Music_SDP comes with controller support to give you simple and immediate control of your project, and keyboard support to play the built-in synthesizers with your favorite hardware. Music_SDP’s design and control mechanisms provide an incredibly flexible and powerful program that is equally at home as a tool for exploration, for live performance, and song creation. Music_SDP can be a standout program in your software library, helping you to break out of the linear narrative of the digital audio workstation as you play with and explore unique sounds. Music_SDP can be a live performance platform, providing you with all the control you need to create effects and processes that transform your instruments (or any of the built-in synthesizers) in real-time. Music_SDP can be used to create complete songs and compositions, providing the means to build entire musical works from start to finish.

14. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

15. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

experimental/granulate
    http://www.partikkelaudio.com/downloads/hadron-particle-synthesizer

HADRON PARTICLE SYNTHESIZER
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The plugin installer is for Windows or Mac OSX.

Now available in 64 bit VST and AU formats.
    There is also a source code download with the Csound orchestra code, though all Csound code is also installed with the standard installers.

16. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

http://soundplant.org/about.htm
    http://soundplant.org/download.htm
    What is Soundplant?
    Soundplant is a digital audio performance program that turns your computer keyboard (yes, your QWERTY keyboard) into a versatile, low latency, multitrack sample-triggering device and playable musical instrument. It allows the assignment of sound files of any format and size onto virtually all keyboard keys, giving you hours of instantly-playing random access audio at your fingertips with no extra hardware needed. Use Soundplant as a performance, presentation, or installation tool, as a drum pad, as an educational aid, to mix together tracks in realtime, trigger sound effects or background tracks during a show, create music or loops, sketch sound designs, make beats, and give new life to old sounds - all via an input device you've been practicing on for as long as you've been typing. Because it's a standalone software sampler that uses your own samples to create custom soundboards, Soundplant is an infinitely flexible electronic instrument limited only by the variety of sounds that you feed it. An easy to use interface provides drag-and-drop configuration of each key, including options which control the way each sound is triggered along with several lightweight non-destructive realtime effects. Playing sounds are displayed with a progress bar and track time, and you can even trigger sounds with Soundplant hidden while using any other program.

17. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

18. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

http://www.michaelnorris.info/software/soundmagic-spectral
    Soundmagic Spectral
    [​IMG]b9 ©2015 Michael Norris

SoundMagic Spectral is a freeware suite of 23 Audio Unit plug-ins that implement real-time spectral processing of sound. This groundbreaking set of effects give you unprecedented control and creativity in the processing of audio, whether from static audio files or live audio streams. SoundMagic Spectral builds on the work of the OS 9 software known as SoundMagic DSP, and takes it to even more exotic sonic realms.

Complete Effects List

Included in Soundmagic Spectral are the following plug-ins:

Spectral Averaging
    Spectral Bin Shift
    Spectral Blurring
    Spectral DroneMaker
    Spectral Emergence
    Spectral Filterbank
    Spectral Freezing
    Spectral Gate and Hold
    Spectral Gliding Filters
    Spectral Granulation
    Spectral Harmonizer
    Spectral Partial Glide
    Spectral Pitch Shift
    Spectral Pulsing
    Spectral Shimmer
    Spectral Shuffle
    Spectral Stretch
    Spectral Tracing
    Spectral Weave
    Chorus
    Grain Streamer
    Idee Fixer
    Super Filterbank

19. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

20. Looks very interesting.Thanks for the post.