Best electric/acoustic guitar VST?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by kingjamm, Nov 1, 2013.

1. kingjamm

kingjamm Newbie

"I'M TERRIBLY SORRY IF THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD LIKE THIS... I'M ALWAYS IN A RUSH ON MY POSTS SO I'M TERRIBLY SORRY."

So the title says it all I guess...
    What is the best E-Guitar vst?
    I've tried Slayer 1 and 2
    I can't manage to pull it off...
    Any other stuffs?

On acoustic ones, I got nothing
    Help please
    thanks.

ONE LOVE
    GOOD VIBES

3. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

You want amp modeling VST? Or a playable midi instrument guitar?

Amp modeling is plugging guitar straight into pc and using the amps "model" built into the software. For that, which is my fav type of vst, there is IK Multimedia Amplitube, Native Instruments Guitar Rig, Red Devil Amplion, Overloud TH2. Then there is also a plethora of free amp models on the net if you google. There is LePou, AcmeBarGig, and Nick Crow to name a few. Not 100% positive their is an amp model for acoustic guitar amps. To me if you have a device to plug guitar in using a DI input jack, then more than likely you have a mic jack and you could just record your acoustic with a mic.

If you want a playable midi instrument, there is Real Guitar, Ample Sound, Electricity.

Lastly, this is fairly new tech. Midi Guitar is an app that will let you play midi instruments with your analog guitar. You plug you guitar in to pc using a DI input jack. And then load Midi Guitar and you can control any type of vsti instrument. So, you could use your guitar to play a piano vsti. So with this technology you could play an acoustic guitar midi instrument, like Ample Sound, with your guitar.

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Learn to play the guitar, then you can use all of tater_one's ideas, even to get something usable out of vsti midi instruments like real guitar and ample sound etc,, you really need to be able to play a few chords and pick a few scales

5. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

I have Strum Electric by AAS, and IronAxe by Xhun, but I don't use guitars much in general.

7. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

if u want something that consumes tons of ram but doesn t need extra fx u can use electricity,but i got better results with musiclab's real strat and guitar rig,for acoustic i d still rely on music lab's real guitar although ample sound's agm is very good too

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Cant go wrong with the Musiclab Real guitar, Strat and LPC which has built in patterns and chords.

Also Strum Acoustic and Electric are decent.

Ample Sound, good choices.

Ilya Efimov, H.E.Audio Poetic guitar and Indiginus Guitar are also wonderful.

All of the above have Acoustic versions.

9. kingjamm

kingjamm Newbie

Just like they all say I guess, there isn't "the best" when it comes to
    guitar vsti I guess. They say it's like the holy grail for synthesizing...

But I would love to try out that Music Lab Strat, been seeing some reviews and it looks awesome, and I played guitar back then I just forgot how, maybe a little refresher would help me. But my budgeting department still does not agree with me on pluging in my electric guitar on my system. lol :D

Another question... I saw something like, there is this Midi Guitar Controller... Haven't read any reviews about it or haven't really actually seen it... Any thoughts about it? Does it follow the latency delay as well? If so, maybe I could adjust to that. But how about the humanizing? Maybe I should also read reviews. :D

And also that Amplitube, I've been seeing that for so long time but I haven't tried it... Maybe I would get a closer look on it as well. Thanks for the feedback's.

10. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

Ample Sound has the best guitar vst imho. The interface is great and easy to use. All articulations are easy to program and it includes midi groove. And it sounds amazing.

i also like real Music Lab (real guitar, real strat, lpc).

11. brain-s

brain-s Newbie

very interesting discussion guys!
    I need a guitar, for deep-house music,
    can anyone tell me if Guitar Rig be able to get good results?
    "in addition"

12. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

guitar rig is a guitar effects processor. no actual guitar sample or model included. but yes, you can get some awesome effects from it and great sounding guitar parts if you use it along with one of the instruments listed by one reason above.

13. evesixtynine

evesixtynine Newbie

That Sugarbytes guitar thing is really excellent. Nothing else really comes close. For Kontakt libraries Prominy makes some good things. Also Vir2 Electri6ity. On Iphone Ishred is really really fun.

14. kevinkapaj

kevinkapaj Newbie

RealGuitar
    Steinberg Virtual Guitarist
    or you can go and play around with Kontakt Libraries.

15. mie2aud

mie2aud Newbie

These are just my personal picks & great studio sound to my ears:

Best for non-midi-keyboardist (ie. simple midi programming):

• Strat - Ample Sounds AGF
    • Tele - Ilya Efimov TC Electric Guitar/Strum
    • Gibson - Ample Sounds AGG
    • PRS - Ample Sounds AGP
    • Rick - MusicLab RealRick
    • Acoustic - Ample Sounds AGM

Best for midi-keyboardist:

• Strat - Prominy SC Electric Guitar
    • Tele - Vir2 Electri6ity
    • Gibson - Vir2 Electri6ity
    • PRS - Ample Sounds AGP
    • Rick - Vir2 Electri6ity
    • Acoustic - Vir2 Acou6tics

I could have missed anything better than this. Hope to hear from you guys too.

16. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

There is actually another (very long) thread on this subject somewhere else on this forum that you might find useful (however, I'll be damned if I can find it on here! Good luck!).

I think any guitar VI is going to confound you unless you understand the basics of actual guitar playing Most of these VIs/sample libraries -- I personally use RealGuitar/RealStrat/Real LPC and Electri6ity, and have other libraries, like Shreddage X and Goth, sitting around in case I want to use something quick and dirty that sounds decent -- are set up with extensive articulations that won't do you any good whatsoever unless you know when and how to use them. Some of them, like the Real series or the Amplesound VIs, also come with MIDI patterns that you can load up in your DAW and scrutinize to figure out how some of those articulations are being done.