Best Drum Sampler for this type of drum sound?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by pnutbuttrjarz, Aug 20, 2023.

1. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

Hey Guys,

Been listening to an artist called LØ SPIRIT.
    I really Like the sound and production.
    Just curious on which drum sampler would produce drums similar to how these sound.

I've only ever used EZDrummer and Superior Drummer.
    It could very well be these programs used in this song (I'm guessing it is SD3), but I don't really know of any other samplers apart from Drumforge and Naughty Seal Perfect Drums.
    So I thought I would ask the brains trust here for maybe any other programs that may be aimed more towards this kind of sounding drums??
    I'm wanting to move away a little from metal which I normally mess around with, so looking to see if there are any other samplers out there that I don't know of that I can mess around with.
    Cheers

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Look for drum kits with a deeper, wooden snare. It's more about the library than the drum sampler.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Pasi

Pasi Audiosexual

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

so your sampler only "sounds" like the samples you put into it. But the workflow can be very different from one to the other; and some can be very easy or difficult to get the style of drum programming you want done. So there is still reason to check out a bunch of different ones and see what fits how you want to work. Some people love one and hate another, almost immediately; solely due to the workflow, application size, features, etc.

I would look into Battery, Tal-Drum, Speedrum, Kontakt, Falcon2, etc. There are lots of them. Maybe your DAW software even already has a good one, depending on which you use. There are also good drum plugins, like SugarBytes Drum Computer, Kick2, and others which are not exactly direct import samplers. Another good useful thing to have is a Replacer. There is XLN Addictive Trigger, Slate Trigger 2, UVI Drum Replacer, apulSoft Trigga3, and surely others.

How to make really good drums is a vast subject.

6. 洋鬼子

洋鬼子 Producer

For this kind of music I would recommend either Mixwave Underoath Aaron Gillespie or get good modern and massive drums.
    Both are Kontakt libraries. I would probably recommend Mixwave Underoath Aaron Gillespie to you

7. drumstuff

drumstuff Member

Great drums. Yeah any of the Mixwave rock stuff would be a great pool of options for an out of box option.

8. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

First off you're not going to find that sound coming directly from a raw library. It's fairly heavily compressed, eq'd and verb'ed - My first choices would be to check thru the New York studios SDX's (SD3). If you can't find what you want there try Progressive foundry or the Rock Warehouse SDX's. Between those you definitely have your starting point. From there it's just a matter of how you process the kit mix-wise.

9. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Getgood Drums (Modern/Massive), Drumforge DrumShotz....

10. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

watch all MIX WITH THE MASTERS by CLA (to start...)

11. pnutbuttrjarz

pnutbuttrjarz Ultrasonic

Thanks for all the replies guys. That helped a lot.
    Cheers :)