Best DAW for Audio Editing?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by tommyzai, Sep 27, 2023.

1. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Which DAW has the smoothest audio editing workflow and is the most powerful (comping, slicing, dicing, cutting, fading, and everything else)?

3. odod

odod Rock Star

if only for Audio Editing any DAW would perform differently ..
    I have Nuendo, FL Studio, Reaper and ProTools .. every DAW just have different workflow, but I must say Protools and Nuendo have better workflow (at least for me) on audio Editing ..
    Perhaps you can use Audacity instead of DAW .. it's a dedicated (FREE) audio editing app .. easy to use.

4. VisionSierra

VisionSierra Ultrasonic

MS Paint

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

if you have luck not like me which i have extreme latency on reason 12 then reason 12 might be the answer the timestreching is awesome and so the audio manipulating tools i use it to make hyperpop i also use fl 21 and ableton 11 suite but i find reason the best when it comes to audio manipulation

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

i'd say ableton live, i'm completely used to FL studio, been using it since v3.5, but when i want to make a mashup or create some loops from existing audio material i always turn to ableton live. the bpm detection is great, the whole just select a few bars and drag them to another track without having to slice and dice the track first is very efficient.

7. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

How soon is now?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. statik

statik Audiosexual

you just missed it

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

If u take the time out to learn Reaper it will be the best for Audio editing it's the most customizable daw on the market and doesn't break the bank

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Now...I mean, now...
    Noooo, now...

Now was then,
    And will be again

Catching eels in the water
    Bare handed
    Might be easier...

The future is destined to be
    Says me!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

There really is no best, there is only the best for the individual. For example, My best DAW (Ableton Live) wouldn't necessarily be YOUR best, or somebody else's for that matter. However, you are in the best place to ask such a question, because the sister site has them all. Merely try them out for yourself, and if you so wish after finding the right one for your needs? You have the option to support the developer by purchasing it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Sadly no. now that was then will never appear again.

I'm not sure who put you in charge of 'the world' but you can only speak for yourself. Everyone has a voice and has the right to express it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Atlantis84

ok now u just saying the first thing that comes too your head aint no way on earth u could be serious about what u just said lol......ima act like u didn't mean what u said lol and walk away lol

14. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

I think audio editing sometimes means different things to different people. I think Slapdash is focusing on traditional editing of recorded audio, i.e., comps, crossfades, amplitude adjustments, etc., while others are referring to audio clip manipulation, i.e., stretching, chopping, etc.

15. Atlantis84

i know that he was speaking his own mind i fully understood him but he didn't have to bash or be egotistical about it like that ....that was truly uncalled for ....all daws have strengths its just the way he said it as if it's his way or no way

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have by far and away much more time on Logic than current versions of Protools or Cubase, so for me it is Logic.

The wav editing zooms in just like any other. Flex Time editing is a powerful toolset. Drum Machine Designer is also great for slicing up and re-sequencing slices inside a Midi Region. I like using Logic so much, in fact; that I do not even have an external wave editor installed, and I do not leave Logic for any editing whatsoever. there is nice ARA integration between Logic and Izotope products. I never use it personally, but I think it would definitely go in the Pros column in a feature comparison chart. It is another reason to never even leave the DAW. There are also some options to "warp" to the project bpm automatically when audio files are being imported to tracks. You can get away with a pretty sizable stretch/compress % before you start negatively affecting the audio. It makes editing much easier, because the content of the wave file can match to the measure from start and end point at project's BPM ; or it can also be used to align everything inside the same sample/region, and between the start and endpoints too. It takes away a lot of tedious nudge tool type work; and it does a more accurate timing correction than doing it manually.

But apparently it is too steep a learning curve for some people. :)

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

For audio editing, for me it's ProTools.:yes: Been using it since version 9 so kinda use to it. Cubase and Samplitude and Digital Performer are worth a mention as well.

19. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Cool Edit was, is and will be Coolest Edit...
    I could admit Adobe Audition 1.5 or 3...no higher (CS6 - very rare use)

20. capitan crunch

capitan crunch Producer

you can only do your best

21. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Not FL, not Live and not Bitwig. Those are for ITB Electronic music.
    Reaper, Cubase, SOne, look for this kind of stuff.

Or, if you specifically want to edit already recorded audio, you may look for a dedicated audio editor like Adobe Audition or even Audacity.