Best DAW for Audio Beat sample loop Editing

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Nima, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

I use Ableton Live to edit some Drum and Perc Audio Beats.

Live can Wrap, Quantize and change Grooves. But You can not Delete or copy paste a part of loop and Internal editing is not possible.
    I know I can use external Editors but I am processing a huge sample Library and I want to work with DAW to use Multi-tracks, Plugins and Synths to Produce a Sample Library.

I am looking for a Daw that can make this workflow faster and can give me a good quality after quantize or groove changing of Wav. Beat samples.

Thanks for sharing Your experience with me in advance.

3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Cubase 7/7.5, you can't go wrong with it.

Personally i stick with my S1 but i don't vouch that you're gonna like it until they release the V3 which wasn't even officially announced yet. :sad:

4. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

ermm.. last i checked you can do a tonne of stuff in ableton.
    you can cut and paste sections, edit stuff in the clip window, do crossfading, real-time time-stretching unless i totally misunderstand you. maybe you are not editing on the arrangement view?
    i do agree cubase is brilliant for that stuff as well, ( it supports rex format which is always a big plus for me).
    but really you can do sh*tloads in ableton...

5. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

In the sample editor (clip view) You can just delete the transients but not a loop selection and no copy paste in the sample editor. In Studio 1 or Cubase it is possible.

Live can handle Rex too like cubase but what I mean is deep editing like Cubase 7.

I use Live's session view to drag and drop a bunch of loops in one track and resample and edit them. I do groove change, quantize and some copy pasting and create new loops from older ones.

Just the sample editor in Live has no tools for fast sample editing.

6. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

[​IMG]

if u are on win platform can use Edison(as external standalone editor, u can set it in AL> preferences / file folder / sample editor section), its drag and drop capability is working nicely together with Live

7. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

for a total DAW you can't Go wrong with Cubase Man thats if you wont to be Feucher Proof for Recording Mixing and Mastering :wink: Yes Cubase 7/7.5 is Awesome but Cubase 8 is going to be Great i'm thinking

8. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Studio One's Bend Tool is even better then Ableton's warp

9. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

I will install it. This is a good solution. Thanks for screenshot.

10. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

I checked it. It uses elastik's Technology. Protools has more tools to edit loops. as I tested a 1/16 Beat and warped and quantized it to 1/8 dotted, the resault was not as good as the same process in Live but I am sure I have to invest more time to find the tricks like I found it in live.

Just bei mass loop editing Live offers the session view where You can drop endless loops in a track and edit, resample and export them.
    Studio one offers layers but that feature is time consuming.

Thanks for reply

11. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Studio One makes the same things, why you should use layers?? is live multioutput? maybe you haven't dig enough in S1 but if you are happy with Protools or Live stick with them

12. filtersweep

i just wrote a huge load of stuff about sTUDIO oNe. only to have tone2 .com switch off my computer all because i had an illegal copy of one of their well shit synths which i would never use as ( did i mention already , they are SHIT) . i never even used it. c**ts
    anyway, i have nothing but great things to say re: studio one. learn it use, it's everything you want and more so stop balling on about sonic inadequacies and such and actually try and learn something and make some effing music. people like you usually think the music in 'music' is the least of your concerns.
    if you want a clone of ableton that does all the things you say it lacks, then use bitwig. you will cream your jeans.
    also, as one person has pointed out, you cannot go far wrong with Edison or SLiceX both made by image line as vst plugins so you won't have to worry about the host again. and they are really good at what they do..
    i m h o
    did i say already tone2 are total C***s

13. filtersweep

Yes, totally he 'haven't dig enough in S1'
    he wants it all on a silver platter with a big pink bow around it

14. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

found in my youtube video manager, Live + Edison, this is the full editing cycle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkR0w9iGkl4

15. Titan

Titan Member

I'm using cubase 6, never thought to switch in anything else except upgrading to 7.5.

16. Mechanix604

Mechanix604 Kapellmeister

To use the shortcuts of Edison (in live9), you have to click in the upper gray area, for each time.
    Although is ok, because there's another solution?

17. N0Trace

N0Trace Member

put your audio material in the arrengement view and you can edit the loops very well. it's faster than any other standalone audio editing prog imo (for example Wavlab) and even quantisized. you can also bounce the re-arrenged material which will be saved somewhere in the project folder. to find it quickly, just right click on the waveform and chose "find in folder" something like that in the menu.